AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Thanks, excellent idea to put the original door switch back in for testing!

I also enabled global up and global down, but neither is working? I thought at least global down should work.

Global down is temperamental, at least on my truck. Sometimes it works first try other time's it takes a couple tries and a second time to get them to go all the way down. Could be a interference thing all though I usually am ~40' from the truck with a straight line visual sight

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

tzr916

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 QC SLT 6'4"
Engine
5.7L 8spd 2WD
Maybe I'm doing it wrong.... How is global down supposed to work? Just hit unlock on fob once? or hit it twice in a row? or hold it down?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As stated the Global Up will not work but the Global Down usually does. I reccomend removing the Global up code. Remember for the Global Down to work you need to press the unlock button, release it and press it again and hold it. It takes a few seconds for them to start rolling down. The windows should roll down as long as you hold the button. Since you are having problems with the (Auto Down) feature not working for the passenger side it could possibly be related but it's hard to say for sure. You can go into the door modules and see if the Global Down is set. Also as stated by 1500ram12 I have seen some that were pretty intermittent as far as how well they work. Most of the time the 13 and 14 trucks work pretty well but the newer 18 and 19 trucks seem to be more glitchy from the ones I have activated.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As stated the Global Up will not work but the Global Down usually does. I reccomend removing the Global up code. Remember for the Global Down to work you need to press the unlock button, release it and press it again and hold it. It takes a few seconds for them to start rolling down. The windows should roll down as long as you hold the button. Since you are having problems with the (Auto Down) feature not working for the passenger side it could possibly be related but it's hard to say for sure. You can go into the door modules and see if the Global Down is set. Also as stated by 1500ram12 I have seen some that were pretty intermittent as far as how well they work. Most of the time the 13 and 14 trucks work pretty well but the newer 18 and 19 trucks seem to be more glitchy from the ones I have activated.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mine is temperamental all the time. About 25% of the time it works on the first try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good morning. @tzr916 Were you able to get your issues resolved? Nothing really to add on my end that they other fine folks here haven't already stated other than I have had the global down feature quit working altogether. It was shown to be set when trying to activate it again via alfa but it wouldn't work. I disabled and then enabled again for it to start working.

tzr916

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 QC SLT 6'4"
Engine
5.7L 8spd 2WD
Thanks everyone, now that I know the fob sequence for global down, I will be able to do more testing...

On another topic - I have high beams set for DRL, they work fine but despite setting the code for customer menu I get nothing on my radio screen (not a big deal).... What I am trying to get working correctly is the Voltage Target. Currently DRL's are just too dull/dim, wanting to go full brightness I changed DRL Voltage Target from 7.4 to the highest 14.2 but it made no difference???

Oh ya, I have quad headlights with crystal vision ultra bulbs.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Thanks everyone, now that I know the fob sequence for global down, I will be able to do more testing...

On another topic - I have high beams set for DRL, they work fine but despite setting the code for customer menu I get nothing on my radio screen (not a big deal).... What I am trying to get working correctly is the Voltage Target. Currently DRL's are just too dull/dim, wanting to go full brightness I changed DRL Voltage Target from 7.4 to the highest 14.2 but it made no difference???

Oh ya, I have quad headlights with crystal vision ultra bulbs.

Give the radio setting some time. I've seen people say it took about 24-36 hour's to appear. Depending on your year it might not be an option if I remember right.

As far as the voltage goes, since you are going to use your highs I wouldn't recommend running full voltage. Even during the day high beams can be distracting for other driver's. I never did test the voltage output after changing my setting.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

tzr916

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 QC SLT 6'4"
Engine
5.7L 8spd 2WD
I actually did DRL's months ago, never could get the setting showing on the radio... Just been trying to get the DRL Target Voltage working in the past few days to no avail.

Thanks again!
Mike

EDIT: When I added mirrors tilt in reverse, the setting showed on the radio instantly... Global down tested and WORKING :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Some settings will appear quicker than other but a month is way too long for it to appear. Check to see if the CSM actually is selected in Alfa. Maybe it didn't take?

tzr916

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 QC SLT 6'4"
Engine
5.7L 8spd 2WD
Oh yes, it took. I verified it several times months ago, and again just yesterday.

Braden Mitchell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all,
I have ran into a situation where I think i disabled my homelink. Can someone guide me to where that is in the menus? I have looked and looked this evening with no luck.

TIA

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all,
I have ran into a situation where I think i disabled my homelink. Can someone guide me to where that is in the menus? I have looked and looked this evening with no luck.

TIA

Connect to MX
Ram button (turns gold)
First drop down - Ram 1500 (DS/DX)
Second drop down - Body Computer
Third drop down - 2013-17 my power net
Click connect on the page that pops up
Click car with hood open on bottom right corner

Drop down menu. Scroll to the bottom - Car configuration change

Populated drop down menu middle of the screen

Scroll until you find the following

LIN and Misc - EOM Present
If you want it disabled click the drop down menu under that appeared under the above option.

Select Yes/Enable if you want to enable it.

Select No/Disable. Click the red button below until you get a confirmation of procedure completed.

ArcticRat

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Helping my son who recently purchased a used 2017 ram rebel, he installed HID low beams and LED High beams. We set the appropriate alpha settings for both, he has the projector lights, the only problem is when selecting high beam the low beams drop out. Tried to find a low beam dropout, like there is for the fog lights , which we disabled. The only other difference is the truck is Canadian. Which brings up the question as to what would change if we set it to US.

Edit. Ill try to enable the fog light dropout, maybe canada has something with only 4 lights on with high beam, like some us states.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Helping my son who recently purchased a used 2017 ram rebel, he installed HID low beams and LED High beams. We set the appropriate alpha settings for both, he has the projector lights, the only problem is when selecting high beam the low beams drop out. Tried to find a low beam dropout, like there is for the fog lights , which we disabled. The only other difference is the truck is Canadian. Which brings up the question as to what would change if we set it to US.

In the Vehicle config 3 area (I think) make sure bi zenon headlights are enabled

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Ill try that also, we did disable it as he had hid and led lights

The bi zenon refers to projector headlights in this case. So by disabling it he essentially enabled the "dual" style (09-12 tradesman through SLT model) headlights. They used a single bulb with dual filaments for low/high beams. So when a truck upgrades to quad style or projector style headlights from the duals the low's will drop out when highs are on.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

ArcticRat

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The bi zenon refers to projector headlights in this case. So by disabling it he essentially enabled the "dual" style (09-12 tradesman through SLT model) headlights. They used a single bulb with dual filaments for low/high beams. So when a truck upgrades to quad style or projector style headlights from the duals the low's will drop out when highs are on.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Good to know, Thanks

tzr916

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 QC SLT 6'4"
Engine
5.7L 8spd 2WD
Thanks, excellent idea to put the original door switch back in for testing!

Three driver door switches:
1. Original (no power fold button)
2. eBay (power fold button)
3. Carparts.com (power fold button)

Installed eBay switch - it had issues with passenger window auto down no matter how much I tried to 'reset'.

So installed Carparts.com switch - it had issues with driver window auto down no matter how much I tried to 'reset'.

Put the Original switch back in - it worked perfect no 'reset' required. So I put the Carparts.com switch back in - now it's working perfect no 'reset' required.

Hope I'm done with that crazy mess!