AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sortilege

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
In addition to the post Ghost_Ram linked, I pasted below another post I did on this. Hope it helps:

There are 2 PIN codes for your truck. The pin code you want is only 4 digits and its not a rolling code. The other PIN code is 5 digits (one being a letter) and it is a rolling code. You do not want the rolling one.

Be prepared to maybe running into push back by service depts., many will not give you the code. They treat it as being owned by FCA. Usually have better luck at the parts counter in getting your PIN.

Not sure if this helps but it is in the dealer manual from FCA that it can be given to the owner of the vehicle if they provide a photo ID and title or registration.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Not sure if this helps but it is in the dealer manual from FCA that it can be given to the owner of the vehicle if they provide a photo ID and title or registration.

I had also posted that info previously in this thread in another earlier post. Below is the link to the FCA notice I had previously posted:
https://w06.dealerconnect.chrysler.com/parts/keycode/policypdf/en_US/Key_Code_Policy_en_US.pdf

The problem is that many dealerships do not know of, OR, do not follow the guideline. Some dealers attempt to charge you for the PIN.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Rick Jones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ive been trying every day like i said drive hours and iadel hours was done fast.have no clue why milage wont take.cluster is out of 2017 sport going in 2017 express
All I can say is keep trying and changing those values. Also try the mileage with the key in acc not run. Heard of it working for people that way too.

Rick Jones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
what do ya mean by Interface Timeout, Request Interbyte lol
In the Windows version if you go into the advanced connection there are variables you can set. different timeouts for different functions.

Rick Jones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also I let the truck sleep for 20 mins and closed and reopened my app before trying the last time and it worked.

Dbow20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was able to use alfaOBD to change my TPMS settings and it worked but I did have a little trouble. The pressure settings in the alfaOBD menu did not match what it would program to the truck. I first selected 40 and it set the truck to 68psi. After a few tries I got it set to my desired psi of 36 by using 18psi on the alfaOBD menu. Anyone else experience that?

I also want to change the fog light setting to LED. I went in and changed the front fog LED present setting to yes. Do I now need to turn off a halogen setting anywhere or is it as simple as turning the LED setting on

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I activated VTA months ago and it works no issues but I have seen several people say to enable VTA led output present or something to that effect but I have had the blinking red light on my dash since I enabled the VTA itself. I never enabled the led. Is it something different or any benefit? Just curious to see if anyone has noticed the same.

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 6.7 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT tuning w/TCM tuning, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, OEM front Parksense, OEM style front camera, aux switches

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Will someone please tell me how to change the work address on the UAQ? For the life of me I cannot find the answer online or in the head unit itself. 27819ffe08a87967fc9cf602e22af72c.jpg

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 6.7 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT tuning w/TCM tuning, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, OEM front Parksense, OEM style front camera, aux switches

dracman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 black out edition
Engine
hemi 5.7
If I undo my battery will I lose anything to let truck reset

Brandam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wanted to say this site has helped me alot with learning about my new truck but I've hit a small speed bump and I'm not sure where to turn next, I'm hoping someone can help with this bump. I recently bought a 2014 express and I added tow mirrors but they didnt have the temp sensor(found that out being a dumb mistake) anyway I used the alfaobd to turn the things on for the memory, blinkers,and puddle lights. Somehow they dont work and I even somehow lost the eco mode on the dash board...could I have done something wrong and messed up my BCM or am I just missing something small? Any help would be great.

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have a purchase question...

I am ready to purchase the Alfaobd software for Windows 10. I do not own anything with the Android OP system.

Is there a "Hardwire" available to connect the computer to the trucks OBD2 vs. using the Bluetooth adaptor?

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I am ready to purchase the Alfaobd software for Windows 10. I do not own anything with the Android OP system.

Is there a "Hardwire" available to connect the computer to the trucks OBD2 vs. using the Bluetooth adaptor?
I'm guessing that your Winblows machine doesn't have bluetooth. If that's the case you would have to get a bluetooth adapter for your laptop so you can connect to the ODB bluetooth adapter. Or you could do like I did. I bought a Amazon Fire tablet, it's inexpensive, and then you would have a android tablet that you could use for your truck as well as other things. To be able to use it for alfaODB you would have to side load google play store on it. It's free to do and easy as well. I hope this helps you out.

Edit:
Or here are some other options that may work for you that is recommended by alfaODB.
http://www.obdkey.com/vehiclediagnostics.asp

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

Obdlink sells a USB obd2 reader

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Just wanted to say this site has helped me alot with learning about my new truck but I've hit a small speed bump and I'm not sure where to turn next, I'm hoping someone can help with this bump. I recently bought a 2014 express and I added tow mirrors but they didnt have the temp sensor(found that out being a dumb mistake) anyway I used the alfaobd to turn the things on for the memory, blinkers,and puddle lights. Somehow they dont work and I even somehow lost the eco mode on the dash board...could I have done something wrong and messed up my BCM or am I just missing something small? Any help would be great.

Brandam.....did you check to see if you have the correct DOOR MODULES? When upgrading the side mirrors you need to check which door module you have. There are 2 different door modules. Lower level trim Rams usually do not have the upper level trim door module that is needed. And as far as the memory function, does your Ram have memory seats? Seats with a memory module are usually heated and ventilated. If not, have you installed a memory module? For the mirrors to have memory you need the memory module.

Last edited:

Brandam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Brandam.....did you check to see if you have the correct DOOR MODULES? When upgrading the side mirrors you need to check which door module you have. There are 2 different door modules. Lower level trim Rams usually do not have the upper level trim door module that is needed. And as far as the memory function, does your Ram have memory seats? Seats with a memory module are usually heated and ventilated. If not, have you installed a memory module? For the mirrors to have memory you need the memory module.

To be honest I didnt know there was two different modules. I thought it was a one type fits all. But as the memory, I dont have vented seats.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
To be honest I didnt know there was two different modules. I thought it was a one type fits all. But as the memory, I dont have vented seats.

Do your seats have memory? If not then no memory module either which you need.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sundown