AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In MY2014 there are 4 possible door modules for each side, 2 for each side are "up to 8/11/14" build date, 2 are after that date.

The only difference between the 2 in each set is power folding mirrors. So, if you didnt have power fold from the factory, you would need the different module to support it.

dvpvic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ill add a strange question to the 9k posts on here hoping Im heard...

2014 Big Horn 6.7 CC had quads, purchased a factory harness and install projectors on it. Everything works had set some settings, posted below; (some are for DRL)
CBC Features- LED front park/marker lamps present to “yes”.
CBC I/O- right dedicated DRL lamp outputpresent > yes
CBC I/O- left dedicated DRL lamp output present > yes
CBC Features- DRL Configuration > optional DRL
CBC Features- DRL lamp location > dedicated
CBC Features- DRL dropout enabled > yes
CBC Features- LED dedicated DRL present > yes
ECUConfig 3- DRL customer setting enable/disable > yes
CustSetMenu 1- daytime running lights CSM > yes
CBC Extern.Light- left side DRL voltage target > 7.4
CBC Extern.Light- right side DRL voltage target > 7.4

CBC I/O Usage: front driver door ajar switch usage- disable
CBC I/O Usage: front passenger door ajar switch usage- disable

So if I have my headlights on and then hit the turn signals, I get a front left or right side out warning and hyperflashing (only puddles hyperflash). If the switch is off then all works fine, after I switch to off, it takes about 20 flashes before warning is removed and everything goes to normal until I turn my headlights back on.

Any ideas?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
2014 Big Horn 6.7 CC had quads, purchased a factory harness and install projectors on it. Everything works had set some settings, posted below; (some are for DRL)

So if I have my headlights on and then hit the turn signals, I get a front left or right side out warning and hyperflashing (only puddles hyperflash). If the switch is off then all works fine, after I switch to off, it takes about 20 flashes before warning is removed and everything goes to normal until I turn my headlights back on.

Any ideas?
You have the Park/Marker light changed to LED but I don't see the Turn Signal(they're listed separate).

Last edited:

Kenepo17ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Any ideas?
This is exactly what i follow and did in my 2019 1500 classic, when turn signal is on, drl is turns off i dont get any warnings. Once turn signal is off DRL returns to normal 99901e9b581c788530f1c3f3a9dc1917.jpg

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

Any ideas?

You have the Park/Marker light changed to LED but I don't see the Turn Signal(they're listed separate).

As crash68 stated you'll have to enable led turns

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To be honest I didnt know there was two different modules. I thought it was a one type fits all. But as the memory, I dont have vented seats.
As chrisbh17 stated the only difference in the door modules is one supports the power fold function and the other doesn't. That being said your door modules should be fine for what you are doing. As far as enabling your blinker/puddle lights goes that setting is in the doors section of the Body Computer in the alpha tool. To enable the puddle lights you actually need to enable the (approach lights) this is all listed in the beginning of the thread if you need to check for reference. If you have enabled that code they should work. I have seen alot of people buy aftermarket tow mirrors from Amazon and Ebay and the lights don't work correctly because they are wired wrong. If you mirrors are aftermarket that may be your issue. You stated you bought the wrong mirrors without the temp sensor. Your post is a little vague on whether or not you're trying to use those mirrors. The drivers side will not work and will cause a C.E.L on your truck and the eco light will most likely NOT illuminate. It has to have the temp sensor. As far as your eco mode light goes if you did install the correct mirrors there is a place to turn it on and off in your settings menu on the truck. I can't think of anything you would have been changing with the alfa that would affect it by turning on the mirror functions. There is a section in the alfa to turn the eco light function on and off. Check first in your settings menu of your truck to see if somehow the eco indicator got turned off. If you can't figure it out from there you can check with the alfa tool to see if it's activated in vehicle config #2ec22b4c0cb979e1d2c125e03f6429635.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mpbc33

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Could someone please do me a huge favor and tell me what the default settings are for these 4 tpms settings. I forgot to keep track of what i was changing and trying to revert back.

BEB1120A-7B71-4B0D-AD03-2F6D63E27360.jpeg

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has anyone activated SRT with the performance pages and Sport Mode on a RAM 1500 5.7? I did it on my son's 2014 Charger R/T and it worked great. Was wondering if it will also work on a 2017 1500 5.7?

Kenepo17ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone activated SRT with the performance pages and Sport Mode on a RAM 1500 5.7? I did it on my son's 2014 Charger R/T and it worked great. Was wondering if it will also work on a 2017 1500 5.7?
What did it do?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Could someone please do me a huge favor and tell me what the default settings are for these 4 tpms settings. I forgot to keep track of what i was changing and trying to revert back.

View attachment 185277
P/T chassis net is “not enabled”

VehConfig 3 is “no” for base, and “yes” for premium

VehConfig 5 is “no”

VehConfig 7 is “NHTSA enable warning”

Note for others: These do not apply if you have a 3500/4500 ram.

Kenepo17ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It added the SRT menu (performance pages, gauges, 0-60..etc.) to his radio, and Sport Mode, you can definitely feel the difference when sport mode is on.
Oh ok see if someone else have done it before i try

Brandam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As chrisbh17 stated the only difference in the door modules is one supports the power fold function and the other doesn't. That being said your door modules should be fine for what you are doing. As far as enabling your blinker/puddle lights goes that setting is in the doors section of the Body Computer in the alpha tool. To enable the puddle lights you actually need to enable the (approach lights) this is all listed in the beginning of the thread if you need to check for reference. If you have enabled that code they should work. I have seen alot of people buy aftermarket tow mirrors from Amazon and Ebay and the lights don't work correctly because they are wired wrong. If you mirrors are aftermarket that may be your issue. You stated you bought the wrong mirrors without the temp sensor. Your post is a little vague on whether or not you're trying to use those mirrors. The drivers side will not work and will cause a C.E.L on your truck and the eco light will most likely NOT illuminate. It has to have the temp sensor. As far as your eco mode light goes if you did install the correct mirrors there is a place to turn it on and off in your settings menu on the truck. I can't think of anything you would have been changing with the alfa that would affect it by turning on the mirror functions. There is a section in the alfa to turn the eco light function on and off. Check first in your settings menu of your truck to see if somehow the eco indicator got turned off. If you can't figure it out from there you can check with the alfa tool to see if it's activated in vehicle config #2ec22b4c0cb979e1d2c125e03f6429635.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I was using the mirrors that dont have the temp sensor. The mirrors I thought to be oem just alittle older. I didnt turn the approach lights on. I believe it was called something else. Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

dvpvic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As crash68 stated you'll have to enable led turns

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

They are enabled. I’ll prob work backwards and disable DRL and see if I have the same issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
They are enabled. I’ll prob work backwards and disable DRL and see if I have the same issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK. What you had posted you only listed parking lamps not turns

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

lowufo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just joined the forum because of this thread wow 904 pages. I have read almost every page and I do not see any mention of remote start changes. I would like to change how after two remote starts the key then needs to be cycled to remote start again. Is this possible?
Is there something like AlfaOBD for GM Trucks I have a Yukon I would like to make a few changes to :)

mpbc33

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 HEMI
P/T chassis net is “not enabled”

VehConfig 3 is “no” for base, and “yes” for premium

VehConfig 5 is “no”

VehConfig 7 is “NHTSA enable warning”

Note for others: These do not apply if you have a 3500/4500 ram.

VehConfig 5 is really “Not Enabled” by default?? That seems strange

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
VehConfig 5 is really “Not Enabled” by default?? That seems strange
Correct. That is for 3500s with a GVWR of 10,000+ where TPMS is not required. They have TPIS, where there’s an info screen but it doesn’t pop up when a pressure drops below threshold. For 1500/2500s this is not set.

leeroy300

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie Sport
Engine
6.7 l
its a real pain MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP and lots of time to revert back!!’opps didnt quote the post Maserati setting one