AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wonder if it's the DRL drop out that might be causing the grief being your using the low beams. I don't think I've noticed a vehicle with low beam DRLs dropping out with the turn signals.

I'm using dedicated DRLs and haven't noticed any strange behavior like what you've described.

Interesting, I just figured that was how they were supposed to work but I will certainly be looking into that!

@JoeCo set DRL dropout to NO so your low beam does not shut off. If you move the DRL to turn signals you might want to turn it back on

Thank you for the info! I will change that tonight and see how it does tomorrow when the DRL's are active again.

Truck4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Been trying to read thru this thread, let you know next yr when Im done...lol anyway been considering this AlfaOBD for some possible features, however Ive got a issue going wondering if the AlfaOBD can help with. I had to replace the wireless ignition module I ordered thru Auto Tech Electronics (they have been no help) problem is the radio...once I shut the truck off the radio no longer "times out" and shuts off or shuts off when I open the door, you have to remove the FOB to shut it off!! Like I mentioned to Auto Tech Ele. Im in / out of my truck constantly and don't always take the FOB with me but don't want to have to always remove the FOB to shut off the radio. Auto Tech is telling me its the programing in the module, any idea if this is something I can change via the AlfaOBD? Thanks

lowufo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does anyone know what the setting LIN and Misc-Fobik Safe Alerts Per Ignition cycle is? when you click select value you get values 00 thru 07. Wondering if this changes how many remote start cycles you can do before having to start the truck with the key fobik.

Mrmagoolin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Been trying to read thru this thread, let you know next yr when Im done...lol anyway been considering this AlfaOBD for some possible features, however Ive got a issue going wondering if the AlfaOBD can help with. I had to replace the wireless ignition module I ordered thru Auto Tech Electronics (they have been no help) problem is the radio...once I shut the truck off the radio no longer "times out" and shuts off or shuts off when I open the door, you have to remove the FOB to shut it off!! Like I mentioned to Auto Tech Ele. Im in / out of my truck constantly and don't always take the FOB with me but don't want to have to always remove the FOB to shut off the radio. Auto Tech is telling me its the programing in the module, any idea if this is something I can change via the AlfaOBD? Thanks

I had this same issue. What fixed it was the new radio update that came over the air.

T_Unit114

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You won't be sorry! Especially if you have an Express or Tradesman, cuz you could do all kinds of sweet stuff.
AlfaOBD and MX Is For Real, the best bang for the money I've ever spent on my truck.....

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk
Laramie. Has pretty much everything I wanted right out of the gate. Just want to change some things to make it more mine and the way I want.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Truck4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had this same issue. What fixed it was the new radio update that came over the air.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the response, How does this "update over the air" work? I do have the capacity to have Sirus? just don't really need / want it. I do have to take the truck in for the "Brake Trans. Shift Interlock" recall is this something the stealership can change the settings on? Thanks again

Mrmagoolin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7

The radio was updated because of the GPS unit. The OTA updates are pushed automatically. I don't know if the dealer can do anything or not. I tried a factory reset and that did not work for me. I had no idea what I was going to do to correct it and the over the air update happened and it was working again.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I don’t think there’s anything that AlfaOBD can do about that. If they’re saying it’s the programming in the module, then they did something wrong. They’ve been wrong before...a lot. A member on cumminsforum JUST had a WIN module programmed by them. Truck would start and shut off. They almost had him convinced that he needed a new PCM, until he discovered they programmed the VIN of a Chevy truck into the WIN module.

The radio was updated because of the GPS unit. The OTA updates are pushed automatically. I don't know if the dealer can do anything or not. I tried a factory reset and that did not work for me. I had no idea what I was going to do to correct it and the over the air update happened and it was working again.
He has a 2011, so he doesn’t have that issue, since those radios don’t get OTA updates, and weren’t affected by the GPS bug.

puschel_1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi @ all,
is there a possibility to check the active drill shutter with AlfaOBD? My RAM needs lon driving into it becomes warm...
First I want to check this and then check thermostat, etc.

Thanks!
Florian

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just got my alfa Obd and haven't had the balls to use on my truck yet. I think aim going to mess something up

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Just got my alfa Obd and haven't had the balls to use on my truck yet. I think aim going to mess something up

Make sure you download your original config to Google drive and follow the know working instructions and change one thing at a time you'll be fine.

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

TwinSuns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Been having a problem linking my google drive to the alfaodb to make an original copy of my BCM. It’ll pull up my google drive info, but once I click on it, it goes back to the blank bar next to the “sign in” button. Any thoughts?

C81C70E0-6A95-4B74-B330-DC37EEFB2825.jpeg

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Been having a problem linking my google drive to the alfaodb to make an original copy of my BCM. It’ll pull up my google drive info, but once I click on it, it goes back to the blank bar next to the “sign in” button. Any thoughts?

View attachment 187536

Are you using the current version? I know that there has been a issue for a few months with backing up to Google drive. There is a work around. Instead of selecting Google drive, you should be able to email it to yourself then either download to Google drive or or to your phone first then to Google drive

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

TwinSuns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks for the reply! Yes I believe I am using the current version of everything. How do you email it to yourself?

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I did a video on this about a month ago and I can confirm version 2.1.7.6 does work.

TwinSuns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Haha I was actually following your video! Yeah everything is current, just can’t get google drive to link to it

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha I was actually following your video! Yeah everything is current, just can’t get google drive to link to it
Lol thanks for the support.
Try the work around way. The directions are on page 1 of this thread.