AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ahole4sure

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.1
@ahole4sure all 2018 and newer 4th Gens need the security bypass cable. You'll also need an Android or Windows device, AlfaOBD app and the Obdlink MX+ adapter. Just a heads up, some people have tried other Obd adapters that "kind of" worked but many just ended up buying the MX+ later on and a few had to get their BCM reflashed. Be sure to follow the rule in post #1 and upload a copy of your origional BCM log to Google Drive before you make any changes.
Thanks!!

Any thoughts about the questions like the remote start looking?? Or the brake light error??

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve read thru a mile of this, and cant find the exact way to enable the factory VTA red light on the console. I’ve done the DRL’s, tire pressure, and a couple other things, just cant find the VTA light. Help?
2017 Laramie and MX+ reader.

I noticed you said you’ve done some Tpms changes. Can we disable Tpms with alfaobd??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ahole4sure

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Sorry if I was misleading or off topic of alphaobd .....
I actually lowered psi thresholds with a rented Autel unit but found out I couldn't do other things. I should have come here to start with!

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can disable or change it to TPIS.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Any way you can instruct me how to? I have different rims with no sensors so I have the annoying light and error display

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richmond2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am new to the thread --- wow what a wealth of info and massive thread!!!
Thanks for all the work you guys have put in!

I just "rented" an Autel unit I found on Facebook (unfortunately BEFORE I found out it wouldn't allow me to change Fogs to ON with Brights), but at least I got my TPMS thresholds changed to lower pressures.
So that lead me to here (where I should have come to start with LOL)

The main thing I want to be able to do
Brights ON = High beam, Low beam and Fogs ALL ON

Can you please confirm that with an '18 that I can still do what I have mentioned with an MX+, I guess I also need a security bypass cable (??) and the alphaOBD app ??

Also I saw way back in the thread someone asked but I don't think ever was answered.
Is it possible to use this to increase the time limit for the remote start ? I think it is currently 20min and not quite long enough to warm up on this cold AMs?

And the last question is that currently (before I have even purchased and used the AlphaOBD etc) I have an intermittent error of the passenger brake light out ---- but the light is NOT out , seems to be working fine, should / can I do something to correct that prior to getting into all this Alphaobd stuff ?? Or do I actually need the Alphaobd to correct it?

Thanks for the patience with this long post!!
fogs on with highbeams = yes FOG drop out set to NO
low+high = yes you can select quad headlights YES
as for the intermittent tail light / assuming you have the stock tail light fixtures AND bulbs I would say you NEED TO FIX your wiring likely corroded
if you have swapped to L E D from a NON LED tail light bulb there are settings in alpha to change for LED bulbs not 100% successful
as for the longer command start I never found that option with different MOPAR vehicles I have tried

Woody1

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Anybody familiar with a 2015 jeep cherokee? I was changing some settings on my girl friends jeep.

I changed the fog light dropout and was searching around other options. Now getting the code B2204, "ECU configuration mismatch"

Any ideas?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Anybody familiar with a 2015 jeep cherokee? I was changing some settings on my girl friends jeep.

I changed the fog light dropout and was searching around other options. Now getting the code B2204, "ECU configuration mismatch"

Any ideas?
I can't recall exactly what it's called (initialize, reconfigure, or something... I've totally forgotten it), but there is a step that has to be done after making changes in the Jeeps and some other FCA brands (not ram) to actually update the changes you've made.... @Jimmy07 may know.

M² Mods.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Any ideas?

I can't recall exactly what it's called (initialize, reconfigure, or something... I've totally forgotten it), but there is a step that has to be done after making changes in the Jeeps and some other FCA brands (not ram) to actually update the changes you've made.... @Jimmy07 may know.

M² Mods.
Correct. You’ll need to run a proxi alignment after you make any change, or swap out any module, including the radio or cluster.

Woody1

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
@Mpgrimm2 I found and completed proxy alignment,and the jeep is now driveable again.

Im still getting the code and the "entertainment telematic module" wont update.

Any ideas?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
@Mpgrimm2 I found and completed proxy alignment,and the jeep is now driveable again.

Im still getting the code and the "entertainment telematic module" wont update.

Any ideas?
I'm not an AlfaOBD/BCM config expert by any means.

Found this... Sounds like a possible rf Hub issue... Maybe a hub reset is in order. I've seen people mention that after adding key fobs etc. Not sure what all you were tinkering with. Maybe someone else has additional suggestions, but this is a Ram Forum. Good luck.
https://www.autocodes.com/b2204_jeep.html

M² Mods.

ajairola

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am new to the thread --- wow what a wealth of info and massive thread!!!
Thanks for all the work you guys have put in!

I just "rented" an Autel unit I found on Facebook (unfortunately BEFORE I found out it wouldn't allow me to change Fogs to ON with Brights), but at least I got my TPMS thresholds changed to lower pressures.
So that lead me to here (where I should have come to start with LOL)

The main thing I want to be able to do
Brights ON = High beam, Low beam and Fogs ALL ON

Can you please confirm that with an '18 that I can still do what I have mentioned with an MX+, I guess I also need a security bypass cable (??) and the alphaOBD app ??

Also I saw way back in the thread someone asked but I don't think ever was answered.
Is it possible to use this to increase the time limit for the remote start ? I think it is currently 20min and not quite long enough to warm up on this cold AMs?

And the last question is that currently (before I have even purchased and used the AlphaOBD etc) I have an intermittent error of the passenger brake light out ---- but the light is NOT out , seems to be working fine, should / can I do something to correct that prior to getting into all this Alphaobd stuff ?? Or do I actually need the Alphaobd to correct it?

Thanks for the patience with this long post!!

The light out is probably for your 3rd brake light on the cab, the animation on the dash will always show the passenger rear for rear light out. The 3rd brake light is notorious for going thru bulbs(I completely replaced my 3rd brake light on both(2012 and 2016) my 4th gen Rams).

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hey guys, need some help.

This has happen twice on remote start using alphaobd. It went start and menu says "remote start disabled, start vehicle to clear". Once done, remote start works again. i3 showed no trouble codes. Gas was 1/2 tank. Did I skip a step or do something wrong?

Here is what I did:

Ram 1500

Radio frequency hub (RFH)

Radio frequency hub my2013-20 power hub

Connect

Hood up icon

Procedure to start drop down

RF-Hub reset/replace

Turn key to “on” don’t start or must have FOB in car.

Enter code xxxx

Start

Unhook and let truck sleep
--
Ram 1500

Body computer

Body computer 2016

Connect

Hood up icon

Change car config

Remote start present

Yes

Start

Hood adjar present

Yes

Start

Hood adjar usage

500/500

Start

Let sleep

Last edited:

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I've seen low main battery voltage cause this as well.

M² Mods.

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I've seen low main battery voltage cause this as well.

M² Mods.

Good call. Battery was replaced under warranty less than a year ago. But, I will keep an eye on it.
This last time, the tail gate was down. Not sure if that played into it?

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I made progress on video options with alfaobd. I enabled VES2 (Vehicle Entertainment System) and I now have AV and HDMI input options in media section.

The pinout detail I found on dodge durango forum with VES detail. Not sure if I can link as I know some forums block that but google "Installing AppleTV on uConnect 8.4an". Note the HDMI input looks like its HDMI quality for rear video (e.g. 1080p) but when it gets connected to uconnect, its just RCA A/V input.

Not sure my path yet because it doesn't give me quick access to the front camera and no video in motion, but I hope it opens some options for others for video input in general. Would love if someone made a harness to add the pin out the right connections.

View attachment 163178

View attachment 163179

View attachment 163180

View attachment 163181
Were you ever able to utilize the AV and HDMI inputs?

'16 CCSB 4X4 G56 2500 6.7 SLT, CTT tuning, UAQ, Customtronix Enzo, Single Zone ATC

Bison41187

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello everyone, I just purchased a ‘19 Laramie. It is a 5th gen and I know this is the 4th gen thread but there’s isn’t much on the Alfa in the 5th gen forums.

It’s a Canadian truck and I hate the DRLs. Want to make sure before I buy all the stuff that it’ll work on the 5th gen and what selections to make in the app. Anyone have any insight?