All lights off mod….

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

craigco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Is there a mod that would cut off the DRL,Head light, Running , clearance and brake lights (when brake depressed) ? I see tons of ways to cut all the lights on but I’m looking for a mod to do the same but in reverse of sorts. Before you ask this is for a job related reasons and not avoiding what one would think.

If it matters I have a ‘19 3500 6.7 HO Bighorn.

Thanks

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The easy way will use one relay for each light opening the ground. Cutting the ground and connect each wire one to 30 and the other to 87a that way when you put power to the relays 86 and 85 the relays open turning all the lights off.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
The easy way will use one relay for each light opening the ground. Cutting the ground and connect each wire one to 30 and the other to 87a that way when you put power to the relays 86 and 85 the relays open turning all the lights off.
That's going to trigger multiple bulb out warnings everytime.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Is there a mod that would cut off the DRL,Head light, Running , clearance and brake lights (when brake depressed) ? I see tons of ways to cut all the lights on but I’m looking for a mod to do the same but in reverse of sorts. Before you ask this is for a job related reasons and not avoiding what one would think.

If it matters I have a ‘19 3500 6.7 HO Bighorn.

Thanks
Fish and Wildlife?

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
There is a "police black out" mode that up-fitters can activate and add a switch to turn it on and off. This also kills all the interior / gauge lights and the ones that come on when the door opens. Not sure if AlfaOBD can access the setting. There is also a variation that turns off all the front lighting, marker and tail lights but leave the brake lights working at reduced brightness. I think it is "convoy" mode.

At least in my 2016 I can get close to it by simply turning the light knob to off and the dash / interior dimmer all the way down.

Last edited:

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
There is a "police black out" mode that up-fitters can activate and add a switch to turn it on and off. This also kills all the interior / gauge lights and the ones that come on when the door opens. Not sure if AlfaOBD can access the setting. There is also a variation that turns off all the front lighting, marker and tail lights but leave the brake lights working at reduced brightness. I think it is "convoy" mode.

At least in my 2016 I can get close to it by simply turning the light knob to off and the dash / interior dimmer all the way down.
Police blackout mode only does the interior. It has absolutely nothing to do with outside lighting. It's been available for years ever since Dodge first started providing vehicles for law enforcement. As for this so-called convoy mode, and all my years. I've never heard till of such a thing. And a quick Google search came up with absolutely nothing on it. I find it funny that it's not talked about in any of the charger, forums or anything.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Police blackout mode only does the interior. It has absolutely nothing to do with outside lighting. It's been available for years ever since Dodge first started providing vehicles for law enforcement. As for this so-called convoy mode, and all my years. I've never heard till of such a thing. And a quick Google search came up with absolutely nothing on it. I find it funny that it's not talked about in any of the charger, forums or anything.
Check Intermotive.net

I know a person who does police and other law enforcement vehicle upfits. Blackout mode is a somewhat popular option for civilian police vehicles. The convoy mode is used by some gov't agencies and military as it is NVG friendly.