Allow myself to introduce...myself.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig Bowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Outdoorsman 2018 2500 CTD 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My name is Craig. I'm a Sr. Network Administrator, Pilot, Ham Radio operator Licensed Drone pilot, and Voice Over Artist.

Last Friday, my birthday, my wife bought me a 2013 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman (I just realized that's 3 words squished into 1.) She also got me a nice shiny new payment.

Until the weekend before, we had a 2005 Tahoe Z71 that we bought new. It had 292,500 miles in it so it had to go. We sold it to our son and his wife. They made it half way home about 75 mile and had the crank sensor fail. First failure that Tahoe ever had.

I am really enjoying this truck. So much so I'm not driving my baby anymore. She's a 2017 BMW X3 X-drive 28i M Sport. That is a fun SUV type thing.

I plan to do some Mods to this truck. The first to be the Enter N Go mod. I NEED that push button start.

I wish to thank everyone on this forum as I have already learned much, with much learning to go.
tempImageP1ytGu.png

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Congratulations on your new RAM.
Very nice looking RAM .
As you know we will all help you spend your money :)
And stop into the senior thread on sight here! A bunch of gray haired old timers lol and I believe a few HAM operators !
Senior citizen club.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Welcome to RamForum.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the Forum Craig, Great looking Rig, Did you get it like that, Man you're where they filmed, any which way but loose, any which way you can, W/ Clint Eastwood, plus you can drive your truck 12 months out of the year!!

Also many on here that have installed the Enter N Go and push button start seeing you're already tech savvy you wont have any problems.

Last edited:

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I'm new as well but hey why not wish you a warm welcome Craig! WELCOME!

You know, the Tahoe was insulted you separated with it and caused an issue. :D

Your truck looks sweet man, those fender flares look nice on blue! :waytogo:

OP
OP
Craig Bowers

Craig Bowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the Forum Craig, Great looking Rig, Did you get it like that, Man you're where they filmed, any which way but loose, any which way you can, W/ Clint Eastwood, plus you can drive your truck 12 months out of the year!!

Also many on here that have installed the Enter N Go and push button start seeing you're already tech savvy you wont have any problems.

Hi Dodge 1500 4X4. Yes we got it this way. We were all set to go about 5.5 hours north (Yuba City, Ca) for a 2014 White Quad Outdoorsman when my Wife found this one only 90 miles away in Lancaster, Ca. She was born there and I lived near there when I worked at Edwards AFB doing flight test telemetry. The one up north had 140,000 miles and the V6. This one has 92,500 and the V8. More power is more better'er.

Did not know about the Eastwood movie being filmed here. Good to know. Thanks.

OP
OP
Craig Bowers

Craig Bowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm new as well but hey why not wish you a warm welcome Craig! WELCOME!

You know, the Tahoe was insulted you separated with it and caused an issue. :D

Your truck looks sweet man, those fender flares look nice on blue! :waytogo:

Hi Bigs. Thanks for the welcome. Right back at ya.

Our son loves that Tahoe. He got his license in it. They will use it to tow their Yamaha 4 wheeler. His wife will drive the Tahoe pulling the Yamaha and he will drive his 2004 Dodge 2500 Cummins with a 5th wheel.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This one has 92,500 and the V8. More power is more better'er.

Hay Craig, A heads up on these engines, You want to use a good full synthetic motor oil, (Redline, PUP, are the choices here with LubeGard Bio tech engine treatment, to bring up the Moly levels in the oil for better Lubricity, and a good oil filter, with a good silicone anti drain back valve W 100% synthetic micro glass media not paper.
Royal Purple is my choice pn (20-500) or SRT a Mopar filter used on the hellcat Hemi, hopefully you can check with previous owner on what type of oil he used, synthetic day one has been used in it go with synthetic if not use Dyno oil. Happy wrenchbending Brother!!!

OP
OP
Craig Bowers

Craig Bowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hay Craig, A heads up on these engines, You want to use a good full synthetic motor oil, (Redline, PUP, are the choices here with LubeGard Bio tech engine treatment, to bring up the Moly levels in the oil for better Lubricity, and a good oil filter, with a good silicone anti drain back valve W 100% synthetic micro glass media not paper.
Royal Purple is my choice pn (20-500) or SRT a Mopar filter used on the hellcat Hemi, hopefully you can check with previous owner on what type of oil he used, synthetic day one has been used in it go with synthetic if not use Dyno oil. Happy wrenchbending Brother!!!

Thanks for the info.
According to what I do have maint. wise, all maint was done at a Ram dealer.