Alpha obd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsmith96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello I am new to the Forum and I'm not certain where to post. I recently turned off the constant headlights on my 2019 Ram sport (canadian model) using Alpha obd. This truck is currently in the United States so this option is not necessary. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with changing the country code? Will this open up more options? Thanks.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Hello I am new to the Forum and I'm not certain where to post. I recently turned off the constant headlights on my 2019 Ram sport (canadian model) using Alpha obd. This truck is currently in the United States so this option is not necessary. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with changing the country code? Will this open up more options? Thanks.
If it is still on warranty do NOT change the country code. In addition, daytime running lights are proven safety feature that costs ZERO to run. I would never turn mine off, and most of the time I run with all lights on. You are far more visible than running dark.

OP
OP
J

jsmith96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's not under warranty. I use the daytime running lights All the time so that I am more visible . I changed it so the headlights can be turned off when the truck is parked and the engine is running. In the Canadian model trucks the headlights are on all the time when the engine is running. Even when in park.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
It's not under warranty. I use the daytime running lights All the time so that I am more visible . I changed it so the headlights can be turned off when the truck is parked and the engine is running. In the Canadian model trucks the headlights are on all the time when the engine is running. Even when in park.
If you apply the emergency brake only the daytime running lights, or eyebrows as many call them, stay lit but your method works too. My pickup is still on warranty so have not tried changing Country code from Canada to the States..

OP
OP
J

jsmith96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I noticed when using the park brake it would shut the low beams off. But it left the signature Lighting on. Now if I turn my headlamp switch to the off position everything is off.