Alpha rex g2 pro questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snow69125

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought a set of alpha rex g2 pros. I plan on putting Hikari Vision plus led bulbs in. So my question is what do I do with the canbus wiring they come with. Do I just put it in the headlight housing or do I have to mount it to the outside somehow? Also on the drl wiring harness what is the yellow wire with the connector for? I have watched a ton of YouTube videos and I have never seen the yellow wire in any.

Here are the led bulbs I plan on putting in.

Attachments

• 20220913_202303.jpg
    20220913_202303.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220913_202258.jpg
    20220913_202258.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 10

MOVN FR8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just purchased and installed a pair of these. Yellow wire is used on the lights as supplied. That being said, as it stands right now I will most likely demand a refund. DRLs did not come on unless each turn signal was activated first, then passenger side turn stopped working. They sent me a new harness, control box and resistors to fix the issue and now I have no passenger side DRL or turn signal, no parking lights at all, driver side DRL goes out after a minute or so and this morning as I'm driving my daughter to school the headlights cut out completely for a bit them come back on. Current opinion? The Nova series is garbage...expensive box of garbage.

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
I used the older Hikari leds and been perfect past 2 years in the first release apha Rex lights, the canbus fit behind the dust cover, no issues ever, except the drivers turn led in the alpharex headlight causes random light out warning. Ran the drl wire to a add a fuse, during day my top of light drl, grill, and fog drl come on.

Last edited: