AlphaOBD, delete, and a tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krakaman24

2018 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
Started getting DEF related codes on my 2018 CTD. Warranty is done so I'm pulling the trigger on a delete.

I've messed with alphaOBD and made a few changes over the years. Minor things like DRL. Prior to installing the delete tune do I need to reset anything I've changed with alpha? I've found one post that says it's not a big deal because alpha makes changes in the BCM while the tune only changes the ECM. I'm also running a pedal commander which I'll definitely reset and remove prior.

Just trying to get a more concrete answer before moving forward so I don't brick my truck.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Its always best to ask the company you are buying your delete programing software from

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alfa OBD can not write information to the PCM. So you should be fine. But, I can't tell you for sure since I haven't done it.

If you have any doubts or concerns I would revert the BCM back to stock using your original backup. Then after the tune is loaded you can redo the changes.