Alright guys.. BILSTEINS post your pics!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
IMO if the truck is new just do bils in front UCA's if you wish and spring spacer in rear. I did the UCA's and glad I did since I can look and see how nice and vertical my ball joint is. I dont know about anywhere else but round hear if you have an over extended ball joint and hit one of these pot holes it's ruin your day for sure.

Yes no need to replace springs. Some guys do...

you SHOULD install bils in rear that are made for 1-2" taller spring IF you add 2" spacer or a taller spring by 2" (someone correct me if i am wrong here)

I got rough country upper control arms $299 Amazon shipped direct from Rough country
Bilstein 5100 adjustable front struts $94 each Amazon
rear 1.5" spacers off ebay $28 for set

will leave the factory rear struts until they need replacing

Awesome thanks !

I might as well have the bils in the back too. I’m just so sketched out about damaging my CV’s. transfer case etc.... that’s why I’ve been back and forth on lifting/levelling. Also, the ball joint issues. I’m in this truck for the long haul and she’s gotta last [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outdoors76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome thanks !

I might as well have the bils in the back too. I’m just so sketched out about damaging my CV’s. transfer case etc.... that’s why I’ve been back and forth on lifting/levelling. Also, the ball joint issues. I’m in this truck for the long haul and she’s gotta last [emoji12]

Then if you are worried about wear and tear my suggestion is buy the upper control arms. and the bils and do it once...
only reason i said about the rear not necessary is if the truck is new you can do those when they need it since it does not require any alignment after like messing with the front does.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
this can't be a bad thing given the hundreds of people on the forum that have done exactly this setup. The UCAs are problematic on early gen 4, but not on later gen4s, from what I've read. Also, it's only problematic if you do LOTS of offroading.

Outdoors76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
this can't be a bad thing given the hundreds of people on the forum that have done exactly this setup. The UCAs are problematic on early gen 4, but not on later gen4s, from what I've read. Also, it's only problematic if you do LOTS of offroading.

if u are going 40 and hit potholes like we have here in RI it would be a problem. Generally off-roading would not be at 40mph thats the reason i say that.

also if you think you may do it later then you would need a second alignment so it saves time and money to do it all at once.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Thanks a lot guys ! I appreciate it. I will do it once and do it right. I don’t want any issues. I’m driving this baby into the ground

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Bils all the way around set at 2.8 with mevotech ucas, 1” spacer in rear and 295/55r20 pro comp mt2s. Dealer installed wheels and tire, eventually I’ll go with 20x10s and 35s. But this will do for a while
38bf4ffa24b9c63b9f7bc5f7d06b296f.jpg6d4e55b7e6fd6741423fa9fbac939c32.jpg

I like this stance.
I wouldn't change anything.

Any rubbing with 295? Also curious why you chose 55 vs 60?

AustinHarmon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Big Horn
Engine
I like this stance.
I wouldn't change anything.

Any rubbing with 295? Also curious why you chose 55 vs 60?

Thank you!
No rubbing, clearance for days. The wheels and tires were a dealer add on so I had no chose. I do like the set up but I think the tires look a little to small.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Thank you!
No rubbing, clearance for days. The wheels and tires were a dealer add on so I had no chose. I do like the set up but I think the tires look a little to small.

Nice,

I wonder why the dealer decided to go with a shorter tire? If I’m not mistaken stock hieght on 20” rims is 60 aspect ratio. Which would be closer to 33” rather than 32”. Regardless, I’m shooting for the same stance. I plan on keeping stock tire size. I still have about 10-15k miles left on the stock tires. I’m planning to replace them with stock size Falken AT3’s.

So far I’ve received my Mevotech UCA’s and TGC 1.5” rear spacers. My Bilstein 5100’s should get here on Sunday through Amazon.

AustinHarmon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Big Horn
Engine
Nice,

I wonder why the dealer decided to go with a shorter tire? If I’m not mistaken stock hieght on 20” rims is 60 aspect ratio. Which would be closer to 33” rather than 32”. Regardless, I’m shooting for the same stance. I plan on keeping stock tire size. I still have about 10-15k miles left on the stock tires. I’m planning to replace them with stock size Falken AT3’s.

So far I’ve received my Mevotech UCA’s and TGC 1.5” rear spacers. My Bilstein 5100’s should get here on Sunday through Amazon.

Sweet. Yeah I think they just went with close to stock size. Unfortunately lol

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So for the rear bils shocks, front bils, TGC 1.5”, zone UCA it comes out to $1200 CDN. Sound about right ? The kit at dealer is $1300 and doesn’t include the UCA’s.

How are the zones? I see different options but around the $800 price range. That’s a tough one but wanna do this right [emoji12]

yortnodnarb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If I had a clue what the CDN to US $ conversion was I might have an idea, lol. US prices: fronts $200ish, rears $180ish, Zones $440ish, TGC $80ish = $900

I bought the zones and they are pretty beefy, most guys on here say they're as heavy duty as you'll ever need.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
If I had a clue what the CDN to US $ conversion was I might have an idea, lol. US prices: fronts $200ish, rears $180ish, Zones $440ish, TGC $80ish = $900

I bought the zones and they are pretty beefy, most guys on here say they're as heavy duty as you'll ever need.

Awesome thanks ! The conversion is tricky. I used google. Right now $100 USD is $133 CDN roughly

mesta80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
so just bought a 2018 ram 1500 quad cab 4wd. wanted to level it out so measured out to be a 3 inch difference from the front and back measuring from both on tire to top of fender. Purchased this rough country lift to only install the front. http://www.roughcountry.com/dodge-su...it-31200c.html
took it to get installed and guy said he couldn't put in the preload spacer because i needed longer struts so he only put in the strut spacer and control arm. so now its not completed leveled and i still need 1 inch of lift. i ordered bilstein 5100 and was thinking setting it on .85 and leaving in the strut spacer. what should i do!

Nandark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
To metsa80,
I bought the same kit for my 2017 Ram 1500 Sport. Rough Country recommend that I not use the front spacers if I was going to install Bilstein 5100's. So I took their advice, no front spacers and set the 5100's at 2.8.
I love the look and the ride is better than stock.

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
so just bought a 2018 ram 1500 quad cab 4wd. wanted to level it out so measured out to be a 3 inch difference from the front and back measuring from both on tire to top of fender. Purchased this rough country lift to only install the front. http://www.roughcountry.com/dodge-su...it-31200c.html
took it to get installed and guy said he couldn't put in the preload spacer because i needed longer struts so he only put in the strut spacer and control arm. so now its not completed leveled and i still need 1 inch of lift. i ordered bilstein 5100 and was thinking setting it on .85 and leaving in the strut spacer. what should i do!

The bilstien being longer overall I would not incorporate a spacer with it. Would run a high possibility of causing bind in your CV joint. I would never personally recommend a strut spacer due to potential binding but to each their own