Amp and woofer only upgrade to Alpine on Longhorn Laramie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hello,
I'm happy with my Alpine system on my LaramieLonghorn with 12" display. I would like a bit more bass, but no changes to other speakers. Can you an amp and a sub woofer under the rear seat without pulling the dash a part and messing with everything else?

MartyZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7l Hemi
Yes you can, There are only a couple of pre-built boxes out for the 5th gens so far so they are a little pricey. Some of them require a rear seat lift to allow it to fit. You will have to buy an adapter to pull your speaker signals (L/R) and turn them into the right adapter for your amp (The red and White RF) You will also need 25 feet of 8 gauge red wire, a fuse holder (I did 80 AMP), about 12 feet of 16 gauge speaker wire and some clip on terminal connectors. I ran my Main power (The 8 Gauge) from the battery through the firewall at a rubber boot and then under the trim panels on the drivers side floor to the back of the cab. The speaker wire was connected to the existing speaker wires at the B pillars (Twisted wires in the harness, color code on this forum somewhere) and ran them back to the back of cab on each side and tied them into the adapter. The only problem is the Active Noise Cancelling System they have in these trucks. Its fed to the rear speakers and will make your subs go nuts if you go this route. I was able to tune it out mostly by settings on the amp and adapter but it is a nuisance. My subs are also currently taking up 2 of the 3 rear seats because i havent sprung on the under seat box yet. But running 2 12" subs in a ported box with a 2000 watt amp and 3 Farad Capacitor is so pleasing. I dont regret it yet. Once i buy the under seat box i will just move all my equipment to it and toss my old box. You could try to pull your signals from the front speakers instead (Ive heard the noise cancelling is only connected to the rear speakers) you would just need to add extra length to the speaker wire.

MartyZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7l Hemi
Here is the forum that has the speaker wiring:

MartyZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7l Hemi
Oh it wont let me post it. Its the 5th Gen Rams Forums.