Amsoil, Royal Purple, Redline...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
all over it brother. thanks. what oil filter and air filter are you running?
I personally use the SRT filter Mopar part# 5038041AA but never had any issues with the normal Mopar for these trucks the SRT is much bigger which I like . Wix is also good to go but I like to stick to mopar stuff just in case. I have a 2017 and the SRT filter is a tighter fit. I missed what year you had. I wouldn't think much would change on the newer models but just a little disclaimer there.

I also run a Wix air filter. I stay away from K&N their filtering capabilities are sub par compared to the wix

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
I appreciate you guys...

If I wanted to go to harbor fright and get a jack, jack stands, a impact driver, torque wrench etc etc, what would you go get??? I'm trying to build up the garage and tool selection at the same time learning the things I wish I already knew...

i dont think you want to buy harbor freight jack stands right now. They just had a giant recall for them collapsing and killing you. hahahah

to be honest, you dont need jack stands for this truck. Unless you are obviously taking the wheels off.

but aside from jack stands. It doesnt matter what brand you get. Ive bought the cheapest generic **** from the autoparts stores for years, and aside from one 1/4" ratchet failing. Everything else i still have lol.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
I personally use the SRT filter Mopar part# 5038041AA but never had any issues with the normal Mopar for these trucks the SRT is much bigger which I like . Wix is also good to go but I like to stick to mopar stuff just in case. I also run a Wix air filter. I stay away from K&N their filtering capabilities are sub par compared to the wix

this is why i like the royal purple 20-820. The thing is MASSIVE compared to the factory filter.

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
I personally use the SRT filter Mopar part# 5038041AA but never had any issues with the normal Mopar for these trucks the SRT is much bigger which I like . Wix is also good to go but I like to stick to mopar stuff just in case. I have a 2017 and the SRT filter is a tighter fit. I missed what year you had. I wouldn't think much would change on the newer models but just a little disclaimer there.

I also run a Wix air filter. I stay away from K&N their filtering capabilities are sub par compared to the wix

All over it man... I've got the 7 Qts of 0W-40, 8 Qts of 75W-90 Severe Gear, a WIX Oil Filter and a WIX Air Filter all in the cart on the Aimsoil website... just need y'all to give me the green light!

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
i dont think you want to buy harbor freight jack stands right now. They just had a giant recall for them collapsing and killing you. hahahah

to be honest, you dont need jack stands for this truck. Unless you are obviously taking the wheels off.

but aside from jack stands. It doesnt matter what brand you get. Ive bought the cheapest generic **** from the autoparts stores for years, and aside from one 1/4" ratchet failing. Everything else i still have lol.

my man!!! so with that being said, which jack stands would you recommend?

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Husky have some decent stands. And "Big Red" make a few different types. One i like is the double locking ones. Since it just gives you that extra piece of mind.

thanks for your help man

Omar RVA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Husky have some decent stands. And "Big Red" make a few different types. One i like is the double locking ones. Since it just gives you that extra piece of mind.
Seconding Big Red double locking. Absolutely worth it for piece of mind.

OP - you’re going to want to get the 6 ton ones as a minimum. Not so much from a weight rating perspective but from a height/reach perspective.

OA

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Seconding Big Red double locking. Absolutely worth it for piece of mind.

OP - you’re going to want to get the 6 ton ones as a minimum. Not so much from a weight rating perspective but from a height/reach perspective.

OA

perfect and which jack?

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Im an amsoil fanboy. I changed all my fluids to Amsoil last spring. Pays to sign up to be a preferred customer gets you a decent discount off their fluids for example the 0w-40 quart is $10 vs the normal$13.30

How does it break down for the other stuff like the gear oil, oil filter and air filter?

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
How does it break down for the other stuff like the gear oil, oil filter and air filter?
gear lube is $13.90 vs $18.05
Amsoil oil filter $13.60 vs $17.50
Wix oil filter $7.15vs $9.47
Wix air filter $26.35, cheaper on amazon by a dollar

Quart bottle signature trans fluid is $11.45 vs$15.05

2.5 gallon signature series trans fluid if you do the trans is $111.40 vs $144.10

Regular OE quart bottle trans $7.45 vs $10.20
Regular OE 2.5 gal trans fluid is $72.25 vs $96.95

**ETA**
I will add to this since I didn't realize you had the ZF8 speed.

For 2.5 Gal of fuel efficient trans fluid is $115 vs $148
For the 2.5 gal OE fuel efficient Trand fluid its $70 vs $94
So You roughly save about $3 per each quart of fluid.

I believe the preferred customer program is $16 a year, at least that's what it was the last time I signed up for it which was sometime in the summer.

I usually change my oil every 5k mi, I know I don't have to but I always feel better if I change it at 5K so using that preferred customer program definitely pays off for me. plus when I signed up for it I did my oil, trans, transfer case and both diffs this past spring so having that discount definitely saved a nice chunk of money.

Last edited:

Breaker Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
gear lube is $13.90 vs $18.05
Amsoil oil filter $13.60 vs $17.50
Wix oil filter $7.15vs $9.47
Wix air filter $26.35, cheaper on amazon by a dollar

Quart bottle signature trans fluid is $11.45 vs$15.05

2.5 gallon signature series trans fluid if you do the trans is $111.40 vs $144.10

Regular OE quart bottle trans $7.45 vs $10.20
Regular OE 2.5 gal trans fluid is $72.25 vs $96.95

So You roughly save about $3 per each quart of fluid.

I believe the preferred customer program is $16 a year, at least that's what it was the last time I signed up for it which was sometime in the summer.

I usually change my oil every 5k mi, I know I don't have to but I always feel better if I change it at 5K so using that preferred customer program definitely pays off for me. plus when I signed up for it I did my oil, trans, transfer case and both diffs this past spring so having that discount definitely saved a nice chunk of money.

The only thing off is the transmission fluid.
Looks like they didn't update to the ZF even if you input 2019-2020.

Boy do that oil is gonna be costly ( plus a new pan )

:mf_pcwhack:

Edit: I correct myself:
Typing 2020 gives fluid for ZF transmission at a much better pricing than ZF's fluid.

Last edited:

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
The only thing off is the transmission fluid.
Looks like they didn't update to the ZF even if you input 2019-2020.

Boy do that oil is gonna be costly ( plus a new pan )

:mf_pcwhack:
I didn't realize he had a 19-20' from my understanding the 8 speeds shouldnt need any trans service till youre getting up around 70k unless you go by FCA and they say it's lifetime fluid, not that I would trust that. I decided to change mine on my six-speed because I was having a little bit of hard down shift from 4 to 3

Last edited:

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
@Maligator

Yes it's about 70k and I will follow ZF's recommendations for sure!

LiFeTiMe OiL... Yeah right

:rotflmao:
I edited my post to add the fuel efficient transfluid that amsoil has recommend for the ZF8 speed, thanks for catching that I don't like to spread bad info

Last edited:
OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
I edited my post to add the fuel efficient transfluid that amsoil has recommend for the ZF8 speed, thanks for catching that I don't like to spread bad info

there are multiple different options that pop up for the diff fluid on the amsoil website. I want to make sure I'm selecting the right one. Can you square me away? Thanks bro, and you saved me over $100. You're the man

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
there are multiple different options that pop up for the diff fluid on the amsoil website. I want to make sure I'm selecting the right one. Can you square me away? Thanks bro, and you saved me over $100. You're the man

I know you didnt address me.. But as you can tell, i watch these forums with an eagle eye!! lol.

The Amsoil website can be a bit confusing. But if you look at the SKU number on all of them, They are the same. So you need SVGPK-EA which should all be listed under the different options on the website.