Annoying idiosyncrasies about our trucks!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

saintsreturn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn
Engine
EcoDiesel
I read this thinking I only agree with the turn signals and keeping black clean, but then it hit me. The Laramie I picked up this week doesn't like to lock with the touch function for about 5 seconds after I close the door. That has become quickly annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JonBoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 quadcab 1500
Engine
All this 360/5.9 reliability....

No, um, the voltage regulator being built into the PCM, wind noise, and the brittle wiring with my rear driver door not power unlocking and my driver door not power locking.

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
Interior lighting!!! It's damn dark in here at night. No courtesy lights in my '02. I had to add everything, cup holder light, kick plate lights etc...

bigandred

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another thing, which doesn't bug me but does make me think of what's wrong is when I start it up cold and drive, I hear this spinning ticking sound coming from under the passenger side front seat area, the faster I drive, the faster the clicking and then it will go away completely in about a minute or two. Then next time I drive it cold, it does it again. Loose bearing?

My 2006 does the exact same thing, I have figured out that it only seems to make the noises when the heat and fan are on. Does anyone have any idea why?

tncruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
I don't like the prdn knob,console prndl on wifes explore,column mounted prndl on our motor home . I always have to think about what im driving before I put it in gear, I wish ram had an old school push button
brianj

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
The weak range of the key fob. WTF, brand new battery and still have to be within 20 ft. before it will lock/unlock!

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The weak range of the key fob. WTF, brand new battery and still have to be within 20 ft. before it will lock/unlock!

I love that they put factory remote start in some of them and you still basically have to be standing on top of the truck to remote start the thing. Might as well not have remote start at that point and just start it with the key lol. Any remote with remote start should be able to go at least a couple hundred feet

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
I love that they put factory remote start in some of them and you still basically have to be standing on top of the truck to remote start the thing. Might as well not have remote start at that point and just start it with the key lol. Any remote with remote start should be able to go at least a couple hundred feet

This is going to sound weird but an old man told me about this. Put the side opposite the actual key up to your chin under your mouth and hit the buttons. It makes your body emit the signal stronger than the actual key fob does. I can make mine work from about 2 hundred feet away and start my truck in the middle of the parking lot. Sounds weird but it works. Lol

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is going to sound weird but an old man told me about this. Put the side opposite the actual key up to your chin under your mouth and hit the buttons. It makes your body emit the signal stronger than the actual key fob does. I can make mine work from about 2 hundred feet away and start my truck in the middle of the parking lot. Sounds weird but it works. Lol

Yeah I've heard of that before. It's just the principle though lol if viper can make a remote that can go almost a mile, so can dodge

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
Yeah I've heard of that before. It's just the principle though lol if viper can make a remote that can go almost a mile, so can dodge

Lol yeah i agree, gotta work with what we've got though. :roflsquared:

07rambo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I gotta a squeak in the rear suspension somewhere that's so high pitch u hear it no matter what

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
I gotta a squeak in the rear suspension somewhere that's so high pitch u hear it no matter what

Pissed off rat? Lol I say bathe the ass end of your truck in WD40.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
Once I parked my BMW 650i way out in another parking lot for a bank on a Sunday, walked over to the supermarket next door. Within a few minutes, came out and saw a beater right next to my car with at least 30 empty spaces all around.

you guys realize they do it on purpose right? the first thing that pops into my mind when i see a car parked in 4 spots is "what a douche". they just take it one step further.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juanita Kelley