Another Canadian DRL Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fernandok

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Hey y'all,

Just did quads to projectors on my '17 Ram 1500 here in Canada.

Here's a little backstory to this question, in Canada DRL's are activated on quad trucks though the high beam and are activated thru through the orange bar on projectors.

I used a conversion harness with wire tap to illuminate the orange bar 24/7 however the DRL's still come on with the high beam at 40% power which causes a buzzing/hum because on projector headlights this was never designed to happen.

LONG STORY SHORT

TL;DR

How can I deactivate my original high beam DRLs since I now technically have "two" DRLs on with the conversion and fuse tap?

Will an OBDGenie work? Or do I need AlfaOBD or Tazer?

Chances are if you're in America you may not have an answer for me since trucks have different sales codes and are programmed differently there. Hoping to get answers from other EHHH dudes out there. LOL.

Thanks guys.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
If you have AlfaOBD, you can eliminate the conversion harness and use AlfaOBD to change the DRL high beam to the amber park/turn lights.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Like stated above, you can use AlfaOBD to change the DRL setting.
I'm guessing the "DRL conversion" harness is just a tap to an ignition switched power so the lights are on any time the truck is on.
Its possible to add the actual DRL wires to the truck which will turn on when the truck is in gear and drop out when the turn signal is activated. You first need to check for the pins #8 and #23 on the harness located under the fuse block.then it's just a matter of getting the wiring pigtails from M² Mods