Another LED Turn Signal Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
So i purchased a set of LED turn signals off of eBay that said they were “canbus compatible” so that’s why they costed 44$. Got them in, and the turn signals don’t work with the parking lights on or with the low beams on, but they work fine without any lights on at all, or with my DRLs on.

Can i switch up the voltage with Alfa to make them work for now, or am i screwed and have to return?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Forgot to add, my truck has reflectors.

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
If you have ALFAOBD turn on leds on and should work ...

Tried that and just about every other LED setting in regards to the turns and it didn’t work.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is it possible that the bulbs are not in the correct position in the socket ?

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
Is it possible that the bulbs are not in the correct position in the socket ?
For a 3157 bulb there are two types of sockets/bulbs, standard and CK. Some LED bulbs auto detect the difference, others don't. I think our trucks are standard (I'm working off memory), but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Since the ground is in different location, the behavior you gave points to wrong type bulb.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
IIRC from my Jeep days, the contacts are offset and the bulb can be put in "backwards". I never did LEDs for turns so don't quote me on it

upload_2020-11-23_23-54-49.png

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
IIRC from my Jeep days, the contacts are offset and the bulb can be put in "backwards". I never did LEDs for turns so don't quote me on it

View attachment 228374

Yeah, i checked that. One side functions fine but sets a error code, one side functions fine as well but stays amber (theyre dual amber and white LED turn signal bulbs) all the time and won’t flash when the rotary light knob is selected to parking lights or headlights.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
For a 3157 bulb there are two types of sockets/bulbs, standard and CK. Some LED bulbs auto detect the difference, others don't. I think our trucks are standard (I'm working off memory), but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Since the ground is in different location, the behavior you gave points to wrong type bulb.

Found this online, I guess his old dog can learn something new haha

upload_2020-11-24_0-3-54.png

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
Both type sockets are designed so the bulb can be inserted either way. The hot and ground are opposite corners so when bulb is flipped they still are correct. LED bulbs may be polarized so they will only work one way.

The location of the circuits is different between std and ck.

https://www.gtrlighting.com/featured/blog/do-i-have-ck-or-standard-wiring

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Would this work? I’m not sure, i’ll give it a try tomorrow.

Worth a shot, when i swapped to hid's i only turned on LED headlights and they didnt work correctly. I just swapped to some led's w/o decoders, they work great. My alpha settings are hid headlights, led fogs.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I have a 2012 Ram 1500, I replaced the turn signal bulbs with LED bulbs and getting the fast flash and bulb out light on my dash. I have the ALFAOBD to try to switch it to having LED bulbs but when I go to the 2012 body module it doesn't show anywhere I can switch them to LED. I've tried newer year models I see the configuration change for LED but it won't let me change it over to it. What am I missing or doing wrong or can I not do it to a 2012. Anyone with a 2012 Ram been able to get it to work on theirs using ALFAOBD or am I going to have to use resistors. Any help will be appreciated.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
If you can't get them to work with AlfaOBD then get Syneticusa ones on Amazon. Their resistors are wired in & don't get hot like the cheap copper ones.
Error-free and bright.