Another Ready lift thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ReelSlim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I recently bought a Ram 1500 Laramie after running a 3500 for the last ten years. I only had the truck for a few weeks and had a flat on the stock Bridgestones. I live in Northern Canada and definitely get all 4 seasons.

I read a lot of threads on here trying to decide on tire size and brand. Should I level it or lift it. The same things that drives everyone else crazy who is wanting to make changes….lol

I managed to find a set of Toyo Open Country AT3 in a 285 65 R20. I decide that I’ll keep the stock rims for now and to be honest I don’t mind them. I also had the 3.5” Ready Lift SST kit installed.

I have only had it on the road for a few days but so far very happy with the results. The lift and the tires make it look like a truck without changing the ride much at all. A bitter stiffer but to be honest it was far too soft stock. I’m sure the tires are the biggest reason for the small change in ride.

I know these threads have been done to death but here’s another one! Lol

I also installed a set of RokBlokz mud flaps today. I know not everyone likes or needs them but where I live it’s a must. I wanted the protection but as simple of a flap as possible. These definitely were what I was looking for.

Attachments

• IMG_8016.jpeg
    IMG_8016.jpeg
    210.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_8018.jpeg
    IMG_8018.jpeg
    189.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_8019.jpeg
    IMG_8019.jpeg
    165.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

ramltd01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This setup seems to be the favorite from my research.

I have a new 1500 LTD - and one of the shops I usually deal with said they've had issues with lifting these trucks due to the air suspension. any issues on your end?

OP
OP
R

ReelSlim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This setup seems to be the favorite from my research.

I have a new 1500 LTD - and one of the shops I usually deal with said they've had issues with lifting these trucks due to the air suspension. any issues on your end?
This is a Laramie but does not have the air ride. With the cold long winters where I live the air rides have been problematic so I didn’t get it.

OP
OP
R

ReelSlim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That looks great. That's the same tire and size I'm eyeing as well
It looks pretty good but in hindsight with the stock rims and zero offset the 295 65 R20 might have been better with the Toyos. They don’t have as an aggressive side wall so as say like a Nitto. I’m still happy with the look. It was a fine line between looks and being practical in snowy conditions.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Great looking truck.

I recently took off my LT285/65R20's and put on LT295/65R20's.

I like the height increase and stance with the bigger tires, and my per tire weight went down by about 5lb even though I went to a bigger tire.

OP
OP
R

ReelSlim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Great looking truck.

I recently took off my LT285/65R20's and put on LT295/65R20's.

I like the height increase and stance with the bigger tires, and my per tire weight went down by about 5lb even though I went to a bigger tire.

Yeah…..I was back and forth on 285 or 295. Not unhappy but the 295s would of been perfect. If I end up getting aftermarket rims with a slight offset then 285s will look pretty close.

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
It looks pretty good but in hindsight with the stock rims and zero offset the 295 65 R20 might have been better with the Toyos. They don’t have as an aggressive side wall so as say like a Nitto. I’m still happy with the look. It was a fine line between looks and being practical in snowy conditions.
Yeah ideally I'd run 295s but there's about a 6lb (24lb total) and .5" difference in the two and I commute quite a ways for work. I think the 285 is a good balance between looks and not totally killing mpg and power.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Yeah ideally I'd run 295s but there's about a 6lb (24lb total) and .5" difference in the two and I commute quite a ways for work. I think the 285 is a good balance between looks and not totally killing mpg and power.
I'm getting about 1 to 1.5 mpg better fuel economy with the 295 Michelin Defender LTX M/S's vs the 285 BFG KO2's.

The bigger Michelin's are about 5lb lighter per tire than the slightly smaller BFG's, too.

The other benefits are the Michelin's road force balance out with exceedingly less weight than the BFG's, and are much better in wet conditions as well.

I do miss the more aggressive look of the BFG's vs. the tame highway look of the Michelin's, but they're growing on me...lol.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat