Another speaker question (9 speaker Alpine)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Highly recommend that whenever removing door panels for speaker upgrades, to apply high quality sound proofing material like Buzzmat, or similar.

Made a huge improvement in my Ram, and zero rattling/vibrations anywhere inside.
Improves the sound quality as well.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Highly recommend that whenever removing door panels for speaker upgrades, to apply high quality sound proofing material like Buzzmat, or similar.

Made a huge improvement in my Ram, and zero rattling/vibrations anywhere inside.
Improves the sound quality as well.
Preach brother! Even the cheap sound deadening mat makes a difference on our trucks.

skates15

Reaction score
I bought a stack of NVX for my doors. Good price and performance.

OP
OP
FL-RAM

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
V8
Now that I have replaced the door speakers the engine is incredibly loud in low gears. I don't know if the speakers effected the noise cancellation, but at low speeds and downshifting from 4th to 3rd gear there is a really loud engine droning. Really annoying.
UPDATE
Took the truck to the dealership and asked them to look at the noise cancellation issue and they found that the amp was bad. I don't know if it had anything to do with changing out the speakers (I didn't tell them I recently replace the front speakers), but they are fixing it.

platoon2063

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6 eTorque
UPDATE
Took the truck to the dealership and asked them to look at the noise cancellation issue and they found that the amp was bad. I don't know if it had anything to do with changing out the speakers (I didn't tell them I recently replace the front speakers), but they are fixing it.
Good idea not to inform them of the speaker change. Just another reason for them to deny warranty. Glad they are changing it for you. Doesn't surprise me the amp failed. They are of poor quality.

OP
OP
FL-RAM

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Good idea not to inform them of the speaker change. Just another reason for them to deny warranty. Glad they are changing it for you. Doesn't surprise me the amp failed. They are of poor quality.
They put in a new amp and it had the same problem. They called and said they needed to call the engineers to figure this one out. I don't know how changing out door speakers could possibly have an effect on a the ANC system. they aren't connected.

OP
OP
FL-RAM

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
The dealership finally called back, it's the front door speakers. They are connected to the ANC. Aftermarket speakers throw the system off. Putting stock speakers back in.

platoon2063

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6 eTorque
The dealership finally called back, it's the front door speakers. They are connected to the ANC. Aftermarket speakers throw the system off. Putting stock speakers back in.
That stinks. I'm sure you're beyond frustrated but, it is rather simple to bypass the ANC. You can do so under the drivers seat or purchase a bypass module from PAC-audio.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Perhaps a consideration, if you're looking for an upgraded sound system, is to seek the services of a highly qualified audio shop to remedy all of this for you, and still enable you to keep the upgraded front door speakers.

I personally have had experience with this in my old 19' and now my new Warlock that came with the factory Alpine 9-speaker system.

I've got 2100W of Kenwood amps, a 5-farad digital capacitor, all the doors and dash speakers replaced with Focal, and 2 x Audiomobile EVO 2410 subs connected, and they were properly able to tune and time the remaining stock Alpine center channel and 2 x roof speakers, with the factory Alpine amp, to deliver unparalleled sound with zero distortion at full volume.

I can't go past 30 on my Kenwood head unit as my hearing cannot handle the decibels.
I usually listen at 18 just puttering about, then 21 to 25 when I want to really feel the bass and tunes, but when I want to pound hard I go to 28.
30 is reserved for those days that I need my tunes to pump at levels that aren't good for ones ear drums...lol

The three remaining stock Alpine speakers are now acting as merely surround fill speakers and running off the stock Alpine amp. Even at 30 on the dial, there is zero distortion with the factory Alpine speakers. Simply epic sound quality with a more enhanced surround presence.

OP
OP
FL-RAM

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
That stinks. I'm sure you're beyond frustrated but, it is rather simple to bypass the ANC. You can do so under the drivers seat or purchase a bypass module from PAC-audio.
Shockingly, the service rep recommended doing that. Of course they can't do it at the dealership, but he said there was a way to bypass it.

OP
OP
FL-RAM

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Perhaps a consideration, if you're looking for an upgraded sound system, is to seek the services of a highly qualified audio shop to remedy all of this for you, and still enable you to keep the upgraded front door speakers.

I personally have had experience with this in my old 19' and now my new Warlock that came with the factory Alpine 9-speaker system.

I've got 2100W of Kenwood amps, a 5-farad digital capacitor, all the doors and dash speakers replaced with Focal, and 2 x Audiomobile EVO 2410 subs connected, and they were properly able to tune and time the remaining stock Alpine center channel and 2 x roof speakers, with the factory Alpine amp, to deliver unparalleled sound with zero distortion at full volume.

I can't go past 30 on my Kenwood head unit as my hearing cannot handle the decibels.
I usually listen at 18 just puttering about, then 21 to 25 when I want to really feel the bass and tunes, but when I want to pound hard I go to 28.
30 is reserved for those days that I need my tunes to pump at levels that aren't good for ones ear drums...lol

The three remaining stock Alpine speakers are now acting as merely surround fill speakers and running off the stock Alpine amp. Even at 30 on the dial, there is zero distortion with the factory Alpine speakers. Simply epic sound quality with a more enhanced surround presence.
I'm not interested in blowing the doors off. Just wanted something a little bit better. I had to buy two stock speakers from the dealership and I'll install them later.

skates15

Reaction score
I thought you only needed the ANC Bypass cable when installing an amp, not replacing speakers?

Last edited:
OP
OP
FL-RAM

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I put the stock speakers back in the front doors and everything is back to normal. ANC works just fine again.

skates15

Reaction score
I put the stock speakers back in the front doors and everything is back to normal. ANC works just fine again.
That's odd. Changing the speakers shouldn't be the issue, this is done all the time, just search the forums. You mentioned they changed the amp and I do know if they change the amp you have to disable the ANC. This doesn't explain why changing the factory amp with another factory amp would introduce drone. I don't know enough about the system, but you should definitely be able to change out speakers without bypassing ANC. But if you add an amp, you do have to bypass the ANC. Maybe they didn't do anything?

OP
OP
FL-RAM

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
That's odd. Changing the speakers shouldn't be the issue, this is done all the time, just search the forums. You mentioned they changed the amp and I do know if they change the amp you have to disable the ANC. This doesn't explain why changing the factory amp with another factory amp would introduce drone. I don't know enough about the system, but you should definitely be able to change out speakers without bypassing ANC. But if you add an amp, you do have to bypass the ANC. Maybe they didn't do anything?
Apparently, the ANC uses the front speakers to produce the noise cancelling sound waves. Tuned specifically for the stock speakers. I took it in complaining of the droning. They swapped out the ANC amp and it still made the droning. They were stumped. Truck had been in the shop for over a week. I told them I changed out the speakers and the tech said yep, that will do it. I put stock speakers back in the front door today and everything works perfectly. There is a way to bypass it, but the Infinitys in the front doors weren't that much better that I wanted to mess around with the ANC. Whether the shop did anything or not....putting the stock speakers back in fixed the problem.

MD Sledhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi etorque
My 2024 goes into the shop tonight... the dealership disabled the ANC for me trying to get the Sirius XM to sound better. It completely sucks (has since day 1) - almost no sound from the rear speakers. If I play something via carplay, it wakes up all the speakers.
So they are replacing the factory amplifier. Likely have them reconnect the ANC pins too.

If this doesn't get me a decent sound system, I'm taking it somewhere to have something done.

As I've said on here before... my 2014 Laramie with the 9-speaker Alpine makes the 2024 Limited sound like a transistor radio.