Antenna delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I never listen to the radio and since day one took the antenna off the base. The base is fading so bad now it looks awful and i dont want to buy a new one. Has anyone taken the base off the fender and plugged it? If so do you have any photos?

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
The best way to do it is to get it "shaved"... A plug in the body in that area would look pretty tacky as well.

Last edited:

Eddi310

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Lone Star
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I never listen to the radio as well, all i need is an aux cord and my phone haha.
Have you thought about getting a stubby antenna?

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The best way to do it is to get it "shaved"... A plug in the body in that area would look pretty tacky as well.

What do you mean by shaved?? I've got to get that fender repainted anyway (shopping cart) so I thought about the plug but didn't want to do something permanent.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
What do you mean by shaved?? I've got to get that fender repainted anyway (shopping cart) so I thought about the plug but didn't want to do something permanent.

Well "shaved" would be a permanent mod. What mean by "shaved" is they would take your door handles off (that's the "shaving" started) and weld a plate in place of the handle smooth it off with the rest of the body and paint over it - it's like it was never there.

It's your truck so you can do as you please, but "I" think and I think other members would agree that a plug wouldn't look very good. Maybe you could could get it shaved and relocate the antenna. I put mine on my tool box back years ago after the factory front got ripped off.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well "shaved" would be a permanent mod. What mean by "shaved" is they would take your door handles off (that's the "shaving" started) and weld a plate in place of the handle smooth it off with the rest of the body and paint over it - it's like it was never there.

It's your truck so you can do as you please, but "I" think and I think other members would agree that a plug wouldn't look very good. Maybe you could could get it shaved and relocate the antenna. I put mine on my tool box back years ago after the factory front got ripped off.

That's probably what I'll end up doing just wanted to see if there were other Ideas I guess

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
How long fo you plan on keeping your truck? Do you think the next guy would appreciate an antenna?

IMO

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum

Nothing is permanent. You can always drill a new hole.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I shaved the antenna n my 03 Ram. It looks much cleaner without the antenna on there.

P6141916.jpg

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Getting ready to Raptor Line my truck. So I deleted the antenna since it got ripped off during hunting season in the trails.

Also started to fix some of the dents I had from off-roading lol..

nc_ohc=ff4Ws-xed6cAX99swPA&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd2-1.jpg

84eecn&tn=x4-MzZLaE7lYvyPf&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd2-1.jpg

9HsjUx&tn=x4-MzZLaE7lYvyPf&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd2-1.jpg