Any one running a torque converter from Paramount Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

customcarz973

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ZF 8 Speed Torque Converter Dominator Series by Paramount Performance, anyone have one or play with one? results? love?

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd be curious
ZF 8 Speed Torque Converter Dominator Series by Paramount Performance, anyone have one or play with one? results? love?
Matt from Moe's performance put a stall in presumably from them with his new build. But that may be apples to oranges since he replaced the stock 8spd with their beefed up one as well, has a 422 stroker, and a Whipple lol. I'd be curious to know if anyone has thrown this in the stock 8spd as well.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
There's a couple guys with one over on Nadodge on facebook. Jay Greene is running one in his 426 powered toy.I think Kyle Tingle has Jays original paramount convertor in his bolt-on truck,and seeing as how Kyles the only guy to put a basically stock bolt-on truck into the 11's the convertor might be worth while,especially if you are HP tuned.Hp tuning has access to the parameters to unlock the convertor above 1st gear. I don't think you can access the parameters needed to unlock the convertor past 1st gear with Diablo's CMR platform.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Let us know if you talk to any of the fellas on the facebook and what they have to say.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Let us know if you talk to any of the fellas on the facebook and what they have to say.

I know you're not a fan of facebook Jw,but if you're really interested in info,facebook is where you'll get more info these days.Nadodge has probably the biggest group of the fast guys hanging out.Very few of them come to the forums anymore. **** man you don't have to read all the posts if they have a habit of making your blood boil,but if you want to talk to the guys who are actually putting some of these go-fast parts to work and are racing the trucks,you'll have to get over your hang-ups with facebook and join a few of the pages.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I reluctantly agree that is where most of the racing information is, but damn I sure have to bite my tongue trying to seperate the good information from the crap. It only took me 2 days and numerous attacks before I quit going there to post anything. It's a shame, because some of those guys know and have some great information.
Jay

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I reluctantly agree that is where most of the racing information is, but damn I sure have to bite my tongue trying to seperate the good information from the crap. It only took me 2 days and numerous attacks before I quit going there to post anything. It's a shame, because some of those guys know and have some great information.
Jay

LOL there's times you have to look at some of the posts as the evenings entertainment Jay.I agree you have to bite your tongue a fair bit on facebook,but if you want to talk to the guys running some of these parts,that's the place to be these days. I try to stay neutral and out of the wars,lol

Mr Papagiorgio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The Paramount works well and can achieve a 4000 stall speed behind a well modded 5.7

Circle D and Edge both re-stalled a stock unit a while back and achieved a 2600 or so stall speed.

Circle D has two test converters out right now with a billet stator to allow more options in STR and stall speed. Expected stall speed in the beta units should be 3500-3600