Cummins brake pedal travel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jsmit379

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Did a brake job on my 2010 2500 Cummins today(pads, rotors, fluid flush with power bleeder) and now I’m paranoid about how the pedal feels. I haven’t had the truck too long so I don’t know it inside and out yet. When the truck is off the pedal is rock hard. When the truck is running it’s hard but I can push it all the way to the floor if I try. This normal for a Cummins? It brakes perfectly fine when it test drove it.

OP
OP
J

Jsmit379

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yeah I didn’t think that was how it was before. Wasn’t sure how the hydro boost was on the trucks. First time with one. Guess I need to check for a leak.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I didn’t think that was how it was before. Wasn’t sure how the hydro boost was on the trucks. First time with one. Guess I need to check for a leak.
you possibly put some air in the system when you used the power bleeder if not done correctly you may want to bleed the system the old fashon way and see how it is after that.

OP
OP
J

Jsmit379

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
you possibly put some air in the system when you used the power bleeder if not done correctly you may want to bleed the system the old fashon way and see how it is after that.
Yeah probably so. I usually have good luck with it bleeding systems pretty easy. Luck ran out this time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357