Any Tesla radio installs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ray Brooks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What's up guys. I've been following this thread for a awhile now and I was wondering if anybody has seen the tesla units being sold by a company in Canada named 4X4 shop.ca? Their YouTube video caught my eye because the guy was at an actual Dodge dealer installing the units into brand new trucks! So I'm thinking the dealer wouldn't be letting these guys install these units in their new trucks if the radios had issues. So I call the store and told them about all of the issues that you guys were having, and they said they have not had any such issues. And the sell the radio for $750.... any thoughts????

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
What's up guys. I've been following this thread for a awhile now and I was wondering if anybody has seen the tesla units being sold by a company in Canada named 4X4 shop.ca? Their YouTube video caught my eye because the guy was at an actual Dodge dealer installing the units into brand new trucks! So I'm thinking the dealer wouldn't be letting these guys install these units in their new trucks if the radios had issues. So I call the store and told them about all of the issues that you guys were having, and they said they have not had any such issues. And the sell the radio for $750.... any thoughts????
Do you have a link?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
There is another thread where someone posted a seller in California but they were asking $2k for the Tesla screen.

It could be ppl need to just do better qc before selling or reselling them - since they all come from China

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Looks like exactly what I bought from phoenix Android radios. Mine was Garbage some guys have had better luck with the earlier slow boot models, I had the 7.1 model and I had a laundry list of issues. I got so frustrated it was taken out within a week.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Has anyone had or know which option to change to get the automatic headlights to work properly again with this radio installed? When this radio is on and I set the headlights to "auto" they will turn on irregardless of the time of day.

It also dims the radio screen as if it's night...

15BLACKRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Has anyone had any issues with this unit an heat in the cab? i know if i leave my ipad or phone in the truck in the phoenix summer it wont start because its too hot. i would hate to have the same issue with my radio because its 160 deg in the cab and i cant use my ac for 45 minutes..

ljrome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like exactly what I bought from phoenix Android radios. Mine was Garbage some guys have had better luck with the earlier slow boot models, I had the 7.1 model and I had a laundry list of issues. I got so frustrated it was taken out within a week.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Same experience here. I am not sure if it was the newer unit or what but mine was terrible. I couldn't take it and sent it back.

hoe...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alfaodb works fine on these units, but I wouldn't do any programming for obvious reasons.

Obdlink works very well as a dash.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

David Robinson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I've had mine for a week and nothing but trouble. Got it from Phoenix. I talked to Chris from Phoenix and he said that this software and not hardware problems. GPS is out (worked some of the time), media files would play just a minute or so before freezing along with other things. I'm wondering if someone that has a real good working radio could backup the img (or whatever it is called) and send it to me to upload in my radio.

Now I don't if this will work or if a possibility.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I've had mine for a week and nothing but trouble. Got it from Phoenix. I talked to Chris from Phoenix and he said that this software and not hardware problems. GPS is out (worked some of the time), media files would play just a minute or so before freezing along with other things. I'm wondering if someone that has a real good working radio could backup the img (or whatever it is called) and send it to me to upload in my radio.

Now I don't if this will work or if a possibility.
Is yours the fastboot version? If so, I would get it directly from Phoenix and reflash yours (just in case). You're within a reasonable time to return it too.

Jose Zambrano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So question for anyone still running the android radio. I've had 3 different android radios by different manufactures in my cars, and for the most part they all had some of the issues the Tesla android radio has which I'm assuming its mainly on how they program their units in China. My very first unit was the only one that I had zero issues with and its still running great on my car. One thing I want to know has anyone ran theirs for over a year. 2 of my last 3 android stereos had some very serious issues, well at least serious for me. The touch screen became unresponsive on both, settings would reset after you turned off vehicle, volume would be at full blast when you turned on the vehicle, and steering wheel controls would stop working at random. Since I purchased my radios from different sellers and different manufacturers I'm wondering if its a common thing for this android radios. I want to order one since I know when they work, they serve their purpose and since I have wi-fi available in my truck all the time I can take full advantage of having an android radio, but spending $700.00 on something that will become useless in a year is not a good investment.

Thanks

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Usually Google...

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No XM radio that is really a deal breaker for me and the NAV is not American whats up with that

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
No XM radio that is really a deal breaker for me and the NAV is not American whats up with that
It's an Android Radio... everyone just uses Google Maps or Waze. But yes, no SXM unless you use an app.

hoe...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That makes me laugh...
You do know that America is not the only country in the world....

Just go to play store and download whatever igo maps you need or use waze or google maps.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That makes me laugh...
You do know that America is not the only country in the world....

Just go to play store and download whatever igo maps you need or use waze or google maps.

for the money paying out off pocket the united States should be on the NAV system already why should you pay and then have to do all this work that's what I was saying but you get what you pay for me would not buy it

hoe...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I suppose if you bought from a USA reseller you would expect local maps to be installed.

I bought mine from China. It came with Aussie maps as I specified Australia when I bought it.