ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so i goto drive my truck all of a sudden the engine light comes on and the lightning bolt light comes on. the truck is going but i cant give it any gas, gear select wont work, and the cruise wont activate. stop at my destination, shut it off and the lightning bolt goes away and will rev up but the engine light is still on. any ideas ??

OP
OP
88ROOK

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so i goto drive my truck all of a sudden the engine light comes on and the lightning bolt light comes on. the truck is going but i cant give it any gas, gear select wont work, and the cruise wont activate. stop at my destination, shut it off and the lightning bolt goes away and will rev up but the engine light is still on. any ideas ??

tantore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
88rook the best solution take it to the dealer i assume you are still under warranty an op date or re flash may cure your problem may be the electronic throtlle control

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
Electronic throttle control error.

OP
OP
88ROOK

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i was reading that a low voltage spike would cause this, it is cold as hell out so that could be a cause. why would that effect the engine light code and it stays on

tap4154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Problem with these warning symbols is when one comes up I have no idea what it is. One time the goofy symbol I worried about was just washer fluid low. The next one was low tire pressure (when staying overnight in the mountains during cold weather).

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I agree with above, you need to bring it to the dealer. To me it sounds like a software issue.

meedom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey OP are you by chance using a pedal commander??

OP
OP
88ROOK

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey OP are you by chance using a pedal commander??

yea i am using a PC. took it to the dealer, the engine light was still on, went to lunch come back out and start it and its gone. still gonna have the dealer check it out since i have other issues to take care of

Kmengert14RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Op did you ever figure this out? I’m fighting the same issue and have had it at the dealer multiple times along with other shops and nobody can figure it out.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
KMENGER: Pull the PC and see what happens. U may have to pull both battery cables and hold together and drain electronics for fresh start. PC sometimes causes those problems. Your choice. I am only repeating what I have read many times in the past....

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a PC do this to my truck. Had it towed to dealer as I didn't trust it to make it there. Took the PC off before they got it and they reflashed and all was good. They had no clue what caused it, but I did. Sold the PC and won't put on another one. Haven't had any issues since.

GrumpyOleMan

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP, since you mentioned it was quite cold...I had same issue with only 800 miles on my truck (mine is Pentastar) but I got the same symptoms and lights. drove it to the dealer and I had ice in my throttle body. dealer cleaned it out (no charge) and advised me to let my truck warm up more since my drive to work is short. no problems since.