Anyone have S&B CAI with ram scoop on 6.7 ctd ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodgeman70592

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
a lot of discussion has happened already that would cover what I would say so ill just say this. I had the S&B scoop on my truck (06 cummins 5.9) before I got my off road bumpers. When looking into the S&B intake and scoop I read a couple reports that said. With the addition of the scoop alone to the intake they did not notice any increases(no dyno run made) BUT they notice with JUST the addition of the scoop to the already installed S&B intake that EGTs unloaded went down 50* and when towing they went down 75* to 100*. So if not for my bumper I would still have mine installed.

A little off topic, but why can't you run the CAI with the bumper?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
A little off topic, but why can't you run the CAI with the bumper?

He has an aftermarket bumper, and the optional scoop that S&B offers is only designed to work with the stock bumper. He still has the S&B intake, just not the optional lower scoop.

dodgeman70592

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
He has an aftermarket bumper, and the optional scoop that S&B offers is only designed to work with the stock bumper. He still has the S&B intake, just not the optional lower scoop.

Thanks for the clarification!
I wanted to get an intake, but that had me scared it wouldn't work because I have an aftermarket bumper too.