Anyone remove the front air dam and active aero yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jesse Gomez

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019, Gen 5
Engine
Well I would love to add an air dam to my ram if anyone has one laying around. My gen 5 ram didn't come with one.

RAMVT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How does one mount a plow on the 5th gen?

Unfortunately my owner's manual says not to mount a plow to this truck. I don't plow but that is kind of embarrassing.

28u5rba.jpg

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Think that is just to remove liability of airbags not deploying. You can mount a plow. Owners Manuals will prob say don’t drink your antifreeze too....

RAMVT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Id rather not risk randomly taking an air bag to the face while driving down the road lol

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ground clearance.

But why, tho? They don’t activate until almost 40 miles an hour. Who needs ground clearance at that speed, or are you talking about removing the entire air dam?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pretty sure the disclaimer warning is more geared to an impact and plow absorbing the force necessary to trigger the bags. Not to mention scything through the vehicle in front of the plow...But I do see your point. Can you mount a front receiver on a 5th gen?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know this is in a 5th gen forum and I have a 4th gen but I’ve been considering taking my front air dam off. Not for clearance issues but for making oil changes and access to the oil filter a lot easier. My old 3rd Gen didn’t have that big ole plastic thing hanging from the front bumper and, while having the front of the truck up on ramps, I had plenty of room to sit almost fully upright cross-legged to change the filter and hardly spill a drop of oil.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I know this is in a 5th gen forum and I have a 4th gen but I’ve been considering taking my front air dam off. Not for clearance issues but for making oil changes and access to the oil filter a lot easier. My old 3rd Gen didn’t have that big ole plastic thing hanging from the front bumper and, while having the front of the truck up on ramps, I had plenty of room to sit almost fully upright cross-legged to change the filter and hardly spill a drop of oil.

I jack up the front end with my floor jack. Makes it easy to work under there and as an added bonus slopes the oil pan towards the drain.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I jack up the front end with my floor jack. Makes it easy to work under there and as an added bonus slopes the oil pan towards the drain.

Ramps make it so much easier in my opinion. And safer. Been using them for years.

OP
OP
AnthonyD1978

AnthonyD1978

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
But why, tho? They don’t activate until almost 40 miles an hour. Who needs ground clearance at that speed, or are you talking about removing the entire air dam?

The entire air dam.