Anyone running Cooper STT Pros???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Personally idc about road noise. I dint even take that into account buying my ProComps. They hum and whine quite a bit lol. I just really liked the tread pattern and 40k rating. Nobody around here runs anything like em either so i they are kinda unique in my area

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
I like my coopers. Had them for about 6 months now. Just an all terrain but great in the snow! Only one issue of no traction but I was in 2wd on a incline with mostly ice with a little snow packed on top. Little to no noise too which is want I wanted for my lake trips.

Gymkata

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've heard good things about the STT Pros. I am still going back and forth in my mind if I want to run 285/75R18 (34.8x11.3) Toyo R/Ts or 295/70R18 (34.5x12) Cooper STT Pros when I buy a set of 18x9 wheels.

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
They make some noise for sure, they are super loud, like SS loud, when they chop on the front.

Personally idc about road noise. I dint even take that into account buying my ProComps. They hum and whine quite a bit lol. I just really liked the tread pattern and 40k rating. Nobody around here runs anything like em either so i they are kinda unique in my area

My STTs were super quiet until now, with 20K miles on them they are finally starting to make some MT sound. Which I'm actually happy about, love some aggressive tire hum.

There are people that don't like Cooper??

:naughty:

I've never been a BIG fan of Cooper. Ran a set of the old 35" STT's on my Bronco I had years ago, was constantly having problems with them balancing. Had to have one replaced under warranty after 6 months and 3 patches. Not to mention it had the AT3's or whatever on it when I first bought it and I had several flat tires with those as well.

Performance wise they were decent, no complaints there. I just had bad experiences with them.

Edit: that's not to say I won't sell them or run them though. If I would have gotten a decent deal on a set of the new STT's then I would have gone with them over the KO2's I have now. We sell quite a few sets of Cooper tires ranging from their AT line to their MT line, only a few sets come back for issues, but everyone has their faults. We just warrantied out a pair of Terra Grapplers this last week for being out of round and causing vibration at higher speeds. Sometimes you just get bad sets.

Yep, only complaints I've heard were regarding balancing issues.

I've heard good things about the STT Pros. I am still going back and forth in my mind if I want to run 285/75R18 (34.8x11.3) Toyo R/Ts or 295/70R18 (34.5x12) Cooper STT Pros when I buy a set of 18x9 wheels.

So you still have your truck, last I saw you were thinking about getting a Tacoma :hidesbehindsofa:

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
My STTs were super quiet until now, with 20K miles on them they are finally starting to make some MT sound. Which I'm actually happy about, love some aggressive tire hum.

The Pro's are a different animal, STT's can't compare to the Pro's IMO.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
how much do looks play into which tire you folks use? With my model I do not want or obviously need the knobby type but as mentioned I am curious with my question.

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
how much do looks play into which tire you folks use? With my model I do not want or obviously need the knobby type but as mentioned I am curious with my question.

Id say about 50 percent. I like a little sidewall bite but not a ton. I had m/t's but they were too noisy so I went with a more aggressive a/t and that I feel is a good compromise between the two.

NightMares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Id say about 50 percent. I like a little sidewall bite but not a ton. I had m/t's but they were too noisy so I went with a more aggressive a/t and that I feel is a good compromise between the two.
That's why i went with the KO2's. Aggressive side wall, moderately aggressive tread. All terrain, the old at's were known to last till eternity. My truck is designed to play on rocks more than mud, but with all the recoveries I've been on it's been the opposite. No complaints though, great through dirt, mud, ice, snow, and rocks thus far. I'm happy with my choice.

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
That's why i went with the KO2's. Aggressive side wall, moderately aggressive tread. All terrain, the old at's were known to last till eternity. My truck is designed to play on rocks more than mud, but with all the recoveries I've been on it's been the opposite. No complaints though, great through dirt, mud, ice, snow, and rocks thus far. I'm happy with my choice.

Yeah If I could have afforded those I would have gotten the ones your running. I like that design the best out of any out there at the moment. But NTB was running a buy 3 get 1 free special and they didnt have them in stock nor did I have the funds.

My mastercraft m/t's I had before were garbage in the 1-3 inch snow range. No traction AT ALL. And they would sometimes slip on wet pavement from just rain. And they were loud and with me going to the lake quite a bit in the summer I needed a more highway friendly tire.

I chose my coopers after doing some research and people were actually using them on there trail jeeps so I felt that was a good sign.

So far my experience is a good one. Ive only had one instance of wheel slippage but I was on an incline with snow on top of a layer of ice. Not the tires fault obviously. And I was in 2wd. So not concerned there. But in the snow overall it got really really good traction. Im happy.

And they are made in america which is always nice!

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
These these f'n things, they never did get the expensive mf to balance, huge waste of cash. Very much liked my SS/T tires.

Attachments

• IMG00290.jpg
    IMG00290.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 89

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8

Quite a bit for me. Personally i look for a tread pattern that looks like it would be good in about every situation ie siping for water, sidewall blocks for mud and ****, something not to swamper knobby for the street while at the same time simply looking good and aggressive.

Gymkata

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
I have thought about changing to a different truck (from Tacoma to Ram 2500 Cummins) on many occasions. I recently decided to keep playing with my 1500 for at least a few more years so I'm continuing with my mods.

My most recent changes and proposed changes are in my thread below.

http://www.ramforum.com/f17/gray_man_build_thread_ver_2_0_a-40135/index9.html

I was browsing on TW and saw a Ram avatar that looked familiar. It was your truck :p Only reason I brought it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gymkata

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was browsing on TW and saw a Ram avatar that looked familiar. It was your truck :p Only reason I brought it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I briefly considered the 2016 Tacoma TRD Offroad. I test drove a 2016 and while it is nice, comes from the factory very capable offroad, and has a huge aftermarket, I couldn't do it...the V6 is strong on the top end but has no bottom end after coming from a Hemi.

OP
OP
CountryBoy4598
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just bit the bullet and got some STT Pros through work, time will tell how they do but they are awesome so far.
image.jpg

strmtrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No feedback but I am a fan off cooper. I had zeon ltz's before I got fuel mt's on my 6.0. I cant hear them over my exhaust lol. My truck is a pavement princess for the most part but I got a good deal on them.

A25A35BC-A3A3-4416-A5ED-AECE3EF02F88_zpsbcxjlcy1.jpg

USAFoffroad1999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V-8
Looking for some opinions/pictures from anyone who's got some STT Pros, looking at a set in 285/75R16, I work for a Cooper retailer so my boss may give me a little bit of a deal..

I recently put a set of 37" cooper stt pro's on my truck and so far they are doing pretty good , havent had them off road much although i am planning a trip here soon so i could let you know more after that if you would like .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat