Anyone use Lubegard Kool It in their coolant?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramfanski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I was looking at it on their site. They seem to have some pretty decent products. I’d like to hear from anyone using it.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only one that we've heard of is Lubegard Bio tech for the oil only, I wouldn't put any additive in the cooling system, besides the recommended hoat or oat and distilled water.

OP
OP
Ramfanski

Ramfanski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The only one that we've heard of is Lubegard Bio tech for the oil only, I wouldn't put any additive in the cooling system, besides the recommended hoat or oat and distilled water.
Thanks, I am interested because this system seems to run so much hotter than my last Ram. It was a 4.7 and it ran cooler, especially towing. With higher temps, which I understand to be more efficient, I am wondering if a surfactant would be beneficial….

HuskerRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thanks, I am interested because this system seems to run so much hotter than my last Ram. It was a 4.7 and it ran cooler, especially towing. With higher temps, which I understand to be more efficient, I am wondering if a surfactant would be beneficial….
You're old 4.7 had a 195 thermostat,while your new truck with the 5.7 has a 203 thermostat.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
What is the temperature your engine s running at?

Engines are designed to operate within an operating temperature range that benefits the efficiency of the emissions system as well as keeping the lubricants in an operating range where they can provide maximum lubricity.

OP
OP
Ramfanski

Ramfanski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What is the temperature your engine s running at?

Engines are designed to operate within an operating temperature range that benefits the efficiency of the emissions system as well as keeping the lubricants in an operating range where they can provide maximum lubricity.
204 - 212 unloaded. A little higher towing in the hills. I wasn’t really worried as I know it is supposed to run hotter for efficiency, but it really oscillates fast in this truck. Maybe I am just not used to the digital temperature readings….

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
204 - 212 unloaded. A little higher towing in the hills. I wasn’t really worried as I know it is supposed to run hotter for efficiency, but it really oscillates fast in this truck. Maybe I am just not used to the digital temperature readings….
I've noticed the same temperature swings on my 2022 1500 but it is an ECODiesel. The temperature reported on the DIC, once warmed up, will swing between 198 and 209 degrees (F) and usually stay at 203 degrees. Interestingly I have a Bank's iDash on this truck and the direct reading from the CAN bus doesn't show the same temperature swings as the DIC. This leads me to believe DIC has an algorithm in place to smooth the temperature reporting that may need some further debugging.

On my DIC, I've selected an analog gauge showing coolant temperature. I've noticed the analog gauge shows the coolant temperature favoring the cooler side of the gauge regardless if the iDash shows a coolant temperature of 168 or 210 degrees.

My 2015 Cummins doesn't have this behavior, the temperature runs around 192 to 195 regardless of the ambient temperature and if I'm pulling 16K or nothing.

These new models leave me guessing as to what sensors are present and drive DIC readings versus which readings are calculated. Does anyone know if the engines are equipped with a coolant temperature sensor? I believe, at least on the ECODiesel, the oil temperature and the oil pressure (it does have a sensor that indicates oil pressure present) are calculated values.

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I added some Redline Water Wetter to my 2019 1500 and it dropped temps a few degrees, nothing substantial. Ran it for years in my Chevys with good results, was really hoping to see a little more in the Ram. If you want bigger differences in temp you'll need to replace your factory thermostat and change the temp your electric fan comes on at.