API Comp Cam VVT 266

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Hemi_Express2013

Hemi_Express2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x491Bv_2q9I

Here is a video of a dyno run at Arringtons with Volant cia(which was found to be a restriction). Really humid/ engine heat soaked but comparable to others. The highest was 358.8hp/383.4 Tq. Going back on the Dyno in New York the 28th with the Vararam cia. Should be the finale revision. Hope to have a video of the results.

Last edited:

jcat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
boy it sure seems like it's tuned for 4k and above. Little sluggish revving until that point but man did she take off after that. Unless it was just the driver easing it up so it wouldn't downshift.

Lawhand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i wonder if my AEM brute force is a restrictor now... i dont like the sound of after market CAI working against us. they arn't cheap to not only do nothing but to restrict...

TriSum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Wow! 33 pages.........

Looks like it runs really well compared to my RT. I would really like to know what the before numbers were on Arrington's dyno compared to the after. You know they have them, I can't believe they didn't give them to you on the print out.

David

OP
OP
Hemi_Express2013

Hemi_Express2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i wonder if my AEM brute force is a restrictor now... i dont like the sound of after market CAI working against us. they arn't cheap to not only do nothing but to restrict...

You really wouldn't notice it till after 90-100mph, with the vararam cia it pulls like a freight train upto 120. No fighting, just a freight train. Really much better.

Wow! 33 pages.........

Looks like it runs really well compared to my RT. I would really like to know what the before numbers were on Arrington's dyno compared to the after. You know they have them, I can't believe they didn't give them to you on the print out.

David

No they don't. A lot of numbers where lost doing a computer crash after the initial dyno numbers. From what I understand, no one backed up the files. I can say this, I've had my truck on a number of dyno runs before and since the cam/head install in 3 states(Virginia, New York, Mass), my tires are bald with only 8000miles on them, My new Edge TC was 2800stall it flashes to 3800 now, it's way to loose. I'm having fun with the truck. Personally, all the power is low/mid range but top end speed is quick and to the point. I've had 4 revisions to the tune 2 weeks ago(19 revisions now) and still need a template from diablosport. I have 2 pcms and 2 trinity's. I pick and choose what tune I want to run and dyno today. It's been a journey, but it's is way fun to play with this truck. I highly recommend this mod and all the work has been done for your enjoyment.

Last edited:

greychevy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
14 pages back and no response for quite a while.....did this build die?

Jerseymike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seems more like an Arrington infomercial than an actual build.

UNSTOPABLE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
33 pages.... Upload a video please.. i have a lot of friens whit CAMS in his SRTs Chargers and Challengers.. a always goes to the end in the way.... LOL.. Need CAM !!!!! Regards Fellas..!!!

greychevy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Converter and gears. IMO a cam in these trucks is not worth it with the tuning issues.

Havix00

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Swapping to this cam also shut down the EGR monitor. Not A biggy, got it to pass emissions.

Does shutting down the EGR monitor close the entire cycle off, or just prevent the system from measuring the amount of exhaust being pumped back into the chambers? And if so, could that be dangerous for combustion (too little; too much)?

Cali is a stickler about emissions, too. I'd like to do this one day, but need to know it'll keep me street-legal.

UNSTOPABLE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Hi Guys. .. I want to buy a Crower Camshaft #33493 someone can tell me about this cam part..??? Good, bad, dont work it.... Thanks..!!!!