Are locking lug nuts worth it?

are locking lug nuts worth it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
I would bet with todays hub centric wheels its not as easy as it sounds if at all to break the one remaining lug with a lock on it off. Hell some wheels damn near won't come off with all the lugs removed on some hub centric wheels. I always felt that any of the anti-theft stuff was mainly to slow the thief up so you or some one else may see whats going on. Cheap way of slowing up the process anyway. Where I live you would probably end up shot anyway for trying . Many Pineys packing around here

"not as easy as it sounds if at all to break the one remaining lug with a lock on it off." I guess I just imagined it, the missing wheels, tires, and broken studs lying on the ground? You would be surprised, and so were those whose wheels were stolen this way. And hub centric wheels are nothing new and used during the time I referenced.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where I live you would probably end up shot anyway for trying . Many Pineys packing around here

It shouldn’t be against the law to shoot at a thief like it isn’t in Texas. Hell I dunno, if it wasn’t anywhere, you’d think there’d be a lot less stealin’ if these jagoffs knew there was an extreme possibility of bullets grazing their ass if they got caught stealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
"not as easy as it sounds if at all to break the one remaining lug with a lock on it off." I guess I just imagined it, the missing wheels, tires, and broken studs lying on the ground? You would be surprised, and so were those whose wheels were stolen this way. And hub centric wheels are nothing new and used during the time I referenced.
Don't know if you imagined it nor am I concerned. That was not my point . It was meant to be somewhat humorous as I know what a ***** it can be to get some of the Hub Centric wheels off just trying to rotate the tires on a vehicle the first time .:think: