ARH headers install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd express rcsb
Engine
Old school stuff, its been proven, bigger cam & ported heads or more cubic inches or need less torque on bottom end & more on top = larger primary tubes.
Thats a generalization. Still not an answer to my question on THESE trucks....

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I see this posted all the time. Did any one person do a dyno comparison between the 1 3/4 and 1 7/8? Same truck, same dyno and same weather and temp i.e. DA???? Seat of pants feel just doesnt cut it for me.

IMHO--short of a manufacturer that makes headers and wants to use this information for sales purposes, I don't think you are going to find an individual that has spent the money on two sets of headers, and then paying to have their truck dynoed to see what the difference might be. You may find a couple of people that have had similar trucks except for the size of the header and somehow they raced on the same day, at the same time, in the same weather , and with the same DA, your not going to find the answer you're looking for. Google might be your friend if your really wanting an answer. Short of that you're going to have to go by "seat of the pants". You might check with Matt at Moe's Performance, I know he has run his trucks with both size headers.
Jay

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Thats a generalization. Still not an answer to my question on THESE trucks....
This does not apply to our trucks but.........dyno shows the difference on primary tubes.

Last edited:

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Just ordered ARH 1 7/8 long tube headers with high flow cats and y pipe. Anyone know how much labor is? 2015 ram 1500 4x4 hemi

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I paid about $550 to have them installed at my ram dealership. I highly recommend that you get the headers and y pipe ceramic coated if you want to do it right. Once installed your not taking them off. I would also go with new OEM gaskets and stronger header bolts I used stage 8 locking. It cost me about $375 to have both headers and long tubes coated inside and out from local shop. Look locally or many use jet coat. Also congrats you went with the best ARH bolt right up and fitment is pristine on these trucks. You gonna love the power!!!

Last edited:

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here’s a video from
In the cab with my arh headers . May need to get a new tune to fix low gear lag ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you get a re-tune after the header install?
Jay

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I paid about $550 to have them installed at my ram dealership. I highly recommend that you get the headers and y pipe ceramic coated if you want to do it right. Once installed your not taking them off. I would also go with new OEM gaskets and stronger header bolts I used stage 8 locking. It cost me about $375 to have both headers and long tubes coated inside and out from local shop. Look locally or many use jet coat. Also congrats you went with the best ARH bolt right up and fitment is pristine on these trucks. You gonna love the power!!!
Wow, the dealership did these and at that price?? You really scored. Nicely done.

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you get a re-tune after the header install?
Jay

I had it tuned to accommodate headers and high flow cats , but that was it

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Everyone that has them says the ARH make a huge difference in the way their truck runs. My next mod-----someday
Jay

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Yeah my dealer is awesome...they installed my headers, ATI dampener pully, zone UCAs, and 1.5” Zone body lift and bilsteins all around. They do great work and have been very happy.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Yeah my dealer is awesome...they installed my headers, ATI dampener pully, zone UCAs, and 1.5” Zone body lift and bilsteins all around. They do great work and have been very happy.
That is amazing. I have never seen a dealer do so much aftermarket, especially since most dealers shield themselves from warranty-related issues and 3rd party components.

raginglaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I see this posted all the time. Did any one person do a dyno comparison between the 1 3/4 and 1 7/8? Same truck, same dyno and same weather and temp i.e. DA???? Seat of pants feel just doesnt cut it for me.

From what I know about turbo builds, exhaust primaries are usually wanted to be kept smaller for exhaust gas velocity. But N/A on proper tuned headers you might not see a difference on a stock engine with the larger primaries but it does make good for future engine mods.

Ram04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is a great video and really points to application.

I have been doing some serious header research before pulling the trigger and I seem to remember 10 years ago or maybe even a little longer when I first got the 04 Ram that there were more dynos out there that were easy to find in a search and all pointed to smaller diam primaries for best TQ down low along with some HP gains up top.

I don't even remember people talking about 1 7/8 back then and now I see quite a few people going that route.

Is everyone running 1 7/8 making 600+HP?

Want a clue on what header to run, watch that vid. A 400ci mtr making 500/500 and best fit is 1 3/4" primary LT.

I can see why so many are now flocking to the shorty headers when years ago they were worse for great low end TQ, now they shine.

Why? Because they are all 1 5/8 primary runners and are better suited for great low end TQ out of the 5.7l in stock or lightly modded form.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here’s a video from
In the cab with my arh headers . May need to get a new tune to fix low gear lag ??

Sounds and looks like your issue was tire spin, not low gear lag :)

Sounds great, what are you running after the headers? I went with the JBA LT and would be curious to know the sound difference between those and arh.

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds and looks like your issue was tire spin, not low gear lag :)

Sounds great, what are you running after the headers? I went with the JBA LT and would be curious to know the sound difference between those and arh.

Got the traction control taken off via tune and fixed the bogging down. Couldn’t fix the tire spin tho!
Maybe this can help u compare sound.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got the traction control taken off via tune and fixed the bogging down. Couldn’t fix the tire spin tho!
Maybe this can help u compare sound.

Sounds badass. Are you running yours with cats? I'll have to make a similar vid one of these days. I've got a Mopar catback after my LT's. Sounds great in the driveway, only heard it at WOT from the cab. I'd like it to be just a tad louder... maybe that's because I drove it without the catback fully hooked up for a few days lol.

My understanding with tuning out the TC, is that it's still never 100% off. What's your experience with having it tuned out vs. turning off with the factory button?

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Sounds badass. Are you running yours with cats? I'll have to make a similar vid one of these days. I've got a Mopar catback after my LT's. Sounds great in the driveway, only heard it at WOT from the cab. I'd like it to be just a tad louder... maybe that's because I drove it without the catback fully hooked up for a few days lol.

My understanding with tuning out the TC, is that it's still never 100% off. What's your experience with having it tuned out vs. turning off with the factory button?
We have similar setups, @Jwithing. But I am too chicken to delete the TC. I have LSD but still, the truck is so ballsy, I need all the help I can get to keep all 4 shoes on the street!

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We have similar setups, @Jwithing. But I am too chicken to delete the TC. I have LSD but still, the truck is so ballsy, I need all the help I can get to keep all 4 shoes on the street!
If I'm not mistaken, I believe that the guys doing tunes recommend to not have it tuned out for daily drivers. I think that even goes back to the days of my 06 300C. I think back then, it was even stated that while tuning it out doesn't remove it 100%, it's still better than just turning it off via the factory button. I vaguely recall some guys doing a combo of tuning out and/or an integrated switch in the factory TC wiring. Can't remember why though. My memory is **** nowadays lol.

I'm just curious to know the experience from someone that has done it. I'll probably never do it, even running 37x13.5 rubber, I get the tires chirping through second. Took my neighbor for a ride a few hours after some rain and couldn't get any traction to show him what the truck could really do lol.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Exactly. My rig is a beast now, and I have a hard time keeping traction on DRY PAYMENT, lol!

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Exactly. My rig is a beast now, and I have a hard time keeping traction on DRY PAYMENT, lol!
Yup, I'm really impressed overall with how these trucks perform. There's a reason the past three vehicles I've owned have been Mopar. I'm not a fanboy by any means, I shop around and consider everything, but keep coming back.

Out of curiosity have you gotten a 0-60 from your Trinity? Like you said, we have similar setups, I can't remember what tread you're running and I'm curious to know how much my rubber is potentially holding me back. Unfortunately, I spent way too much money lately and it doesn't look like I'll be getting a Whipple this year. Maybe next year. :(