Ate my first ECOBOOST!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hemi vs. Ecoboost

Today was a great day. I own a 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4. It came with the 5.7 Hemi, 8 speed and 3.92 ratio. This is by far the nicest truck on the road. I have almost 4k miles and have no regrets.

My good friend just picked up a 2014 F150 fx4, 3.73 ratio and the infamous 3.5 Ecoboost twin turbo engine. His truck is also nice. I considered an F150. But after comparing his truck and mine, I feel mine is way nicer.

As a truck enthusiast, I was nervous. I did not want him to beat my truck in a race. I had a feeling deep down that he would beat me. I didn't want to damage my man hood and ego. I wanted my trucks reputation to be flawless. However, I called him out. I had too. How dare he try and "one up" me.

I called him out to race at a near by traffic light with no other cars around. He agreed with a grin. His grin pissed me off and I prayed to the truck gods. We lined up at the light. rolled our windows down. Stared talking ****. I had to win.

**** GREEN LIGHT!!!! ****

I stomp on my gas and then my wonderfully engineered truck handle his business. EAT ECOBOOSTS!! Holy S***! My truck tires spun a bit, hooked up and launched like a ***** ape! I swear my buddies truck had no chance. I pulled away from the start with the velocity of a freight train!! BYE BYE!! I was so far ahead it gave me a natural high. I could hear his turbos spooling as he fought to keep ground. Impossible.

It felt good to slaughter this ecoboost. My friend has not talked me yet as a result of this feast. He has no choice tomorrow because we are co-workers.

If you are considering a truck. Buy a Ram. Atleast check them out. I have previously owned a Silverado and F150. This Ram, incredible. The coil Rear suspension is flawless!

I hope you guys enjoyed the story.

Last edited:

Drewster2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Dont have one yet
Engine
Dont have one yet
Today was a great day. I own a 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4. It came with the 5.7 Hemi, 8 speed and 3.92 ratio. This is by far the nicest truck on the road. I have almost 4k miles and have no regrets.

My good friend just picked up a 2014 F150 fx4, 3.73 ratio and the infamous 3.5 Ecoboost twin turbo engine. His truck is also nice. I considered an F150. But after comparing his truck and mine, I feel mine is way nicer.

As a truck enthusiast, I was nervous. I did not want him to beat my truck in a race. I had a feeling deep down that he would beat me. I didn't want to damage my man hood and ego. I wanted my trucks reputation to be flawless. However, I called him out. I had too. How dare he try and "one up" me.

I called him out to race at a near by traffic light with no other cars around. He agreed with a grin. His grin pissed me off and I prayed to the truck gods. We lined up at the light. rolled our windows down. Stared talking ****. I had to win.

I stomp on my gas and then my wonderfully engineered truck handle his business. EAT ECOBOOSTS!! Holy S***! My truck tires spun a bit, hooked up and launched like a ***** ape! I swear my buddies truck had no chance. I pulled away from the start with the velocity of a freight train!! BYE BYE!! I was so far ahead it gave me a natural high. I could hear his turbos spooling as he fought to keep ground. Impossible.

It felt good to slaughter this ecoboost. My friend has not talked me yet as a result of this feast. He has no choice tomorrow because we are co-workers.

If you are considering a truck. Buy a Ram. Atleast check them out. I have previously owned a Silverado and F150. This Ram, incredible. The coil Rear suspension is flawless!

Great story

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Only thing I am confused about is u said you could hear his turbos spooling. Turbos are only in diesels...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry...didn't hear that ????????? or understand it.

I mean, the ecoboost is a twin turbo 3.5 liter gas engine.......

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Only thing I am confused about is u said you could hear his turbos spooling. Turbos are only in diesels...

Obviously you have never heard of an ecoboost. V6 twin turbo. That's why it's called ecoBOOST.

OP
OP
HemiPower36

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Modern diesels are turbo charged. However, gas engines can also be turbo charged. Ford updated their power trains in their F-series 2 or three years ago. One of the engine options is a 3.5 twin turbo, DI, TIVVCT. A First for a truck. Ground breaking. 365 hp 420 lb/tq.

012RAMbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Lol...........srry

I smoked a few eco's back before I put lift and tires on, just with a Hemifever tune haha. Haven't tried since, though. But it's still no slouch even with 35's. I know how your feeling, love that HEMI!! Congrats!

Last edited:

KTM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

NICE!!!!

Any mods on your truck that you could list or is it stock?

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Congrats HemiPower! I'm curious if the race was a 1/4 mile if He would have still been looking at your tail lights?

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
Have you checked the F150 forum to read his "I got beat by a Hemi" thread? Lol

DavidinGA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport Blue Streak
Engine
The problem is yeah maybe you can take a stock eco but once they throw a tuner on they will smoke you (even if you throw a tuner on hemi). Gobs of power to be had out of the eco when you raise the boost....

Moparman1303

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L + 8spd
Should race again on a quarter mile track.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

j cal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The problem is yeah maybe you can take a stock eco but once they throw a tuner on they will smoke you (even if you throw a tuner on hemi). Gobs of power to be had out of the eco when you raise the boost....

Agreed. But, magazine shootouts don't include the tunes that are available. Nice run!

toofart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 8 spd
3.92s and the 8 speed are a killer combo for off-the-line torque.

I'm wondering if your friend power-braked to bring the boost up before launch. You would have still killed him, but not by as far.

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd like to see the match up after both trucks have 100k miles to see how the compression is holding up on the ecoboost.

Agreed. Good kill man. But I don't think the Ecoboosts will hold up as a high mileage truck.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

OP
OP
HemiPower36

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

Agreed. If my buddy slammed a tuner on his rig it would be game over for me. He probably will after I slaughtered him. All I have to say is "Bro! Lmao! You had to buy a tuner to beat me?! I mean that's all good in all I guess. Stock vs. stock, I got you all day!"

OP
OP
HemiPower36

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
3.92s and the 8 speed are a killer combo for off-the-line torque.

I'm wondering if your friend power-braked to bring the boost up before launch. You would have still killed him, but not by as far.

Bro, you are right, the 3.92 and 8 speed are incredible. Love it. During the race, neither one of us power braked for our race. It was a dead stop, foot off the gas until green light. I honestly thought he would take me. Just wasn't the case!!! I am sure if he spooled up before the launch it would have made a difference. I truly feel I would have won big anyway. I stand by Ram 100%. Just wonderful.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat