Bad first experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roper54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins HO
New 2024 Ram 3500 Dually Cummins HO Laramie with 2800 miles. 500 miles from home with a 23,000 lb horse trailer. Went to start it after sitting 2 days and the thing lost its brains. Tells me to put it in park (it is), 4wd is unavailable, loud snap behind firewall when push start. Won’t start. Had to have it towed to the nearest dealership. Waiting to see WTF is going on. 2 power strokes, 2 Duramax, never a problem. This is my first Ram. It’s a pulling beast but I’m not too impressed. I guess what do you expect for 93K?

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Hard to say what is going on with it, sounds to me like a bad BCM or a bad ground, leaning toward the ground. It happens in mass-produced products.

Gotta remember a lot of that 93k is going toward all the extra goodies - it's the same process to put them together regardless of the price, they all go down the same assembly line and are put together by the same people. They aren't told to pay more attention to one vehicle over another - and that's the same across ANY manufacturer that uses an assembly line. If these were hand-built it could be a different story.

Don't get me wrong, it SUCKS to pay a lot of money for something and have it not work - I feel your pain. But it's luck of the draw - it could very easily have happened on the Tradesman that went through right before your truck, or the Bighorn that went through right after it. The difference is, yours has a LOT more electronics that could go bad. More features = more chances for bugs.

Ratman6161

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So how did this turn out? In recent years on vehicals of several brands I've had weird things suddenly happen out of the blue. Reseting all the Computers can sometimes help. For example on a 2014 Corvette the butt9ns on the steering wheel quit working. The car still started and drove normally but I had no way to change displays. I read on the Corvette forum to pull the able from the negative terminal on the battery, wait 15mmin, then reconnect. Sure enough it worked. This has also corrected weird issues for me on a Subaru and a Ford.