Audio upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C Dub

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all, brand new member so be easy! I know this has been discussed multiple times because I did do a search before making this post.

I have a 2016 Ram 2500 crew cab with base audio and base speakers. Im an aluminum welder/fabricator with quite a bit of electrical experience. (Although not much with audio type stuff). Mostly 480v and up!

Im wanting to purchase a speaker upgrade plug and play bundle for my truck. Looking to upgrade all six speakers. I also want to Add an amp to the speaker upgrade.

Can someone please tell me which bundle to purchase and which amplifier I need? I would also like to purchase whichever harnesses are necessary to keep the install neat and simple. I do understand that additional wiring will be needed to power an amp but was hoping everything else was plug and play.

I went to the crutch field website but had trouble deciphering what all I need. Keep in mind I am electrically and mechanically inclined but don’t have the necessary knowledge about audio equipment to get everything I need.

I’ve said all of that to say this…..
2016 Ram 2500 crew cab
Want to upgrade all six speakers in my truck
I also want to add an amplifier
I want the necessary plug and play harnesses
For my truck.

Can one of you guys please tell me which bundle, amplifier and harnesses to buy. Thanks in advance!!!

OP
OP
C

C Dub

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Probably should have added that my truck is a tradesman and has the small LCD display. Not the 8” one.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
All depends on your budget the extent of stereo upgrades you would like.
Best place to source a complete all-in-one-stop-shop is at Crutchfield.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-PFfr6yMSPDF/g_300/All-Car-Stereos.html

They'll sort you out nicely!

As for recommendations, well, for me personally I wanted high detailed sound quality so I went with Focal speakers for all six positions (dash/front & rear doors).

Kenwood Excelon Reference DMX975XR head unit, 2 x Audiomobile EVO 2410 subs under the rear seat, 2 x Kenwood amps (total of 2100W of power), and a DB 5 farad digital capacitor.

All professionally installed and tuned to audio perfection.

Good luck with your upgrades and enjoy the sound of music ;)

OP
OP
C

C Dub

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry, should have said that the kicker upgrade would be fine. It’s not so much about budget as simplicity and decent sound.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hello all, brand new member so be easy! I know this has been discussed multiple times because I did do a search before making this post.

I have a 2016 Ram 2500 crew cab with base audio and base speakers. Im an aluminum welder/fabricator with quite a bit of electrical experience. (Although not much with audio type stuff). Mostly 480v and up!

Im wanting to purchase a speaker upgrade plug and play bundle for my truck. Looking to upgrade all six speakers. I also want to Add an amp to the speaker upgrade.

Can someone please tell me which bundle to purchase and which amplifier I need? I would also like to purchase whichever harnesses are necessary to keep the install neat and simple. I do understand that additional wiring will be needed to power an amp but was hoping everything else was plug and play.

I went to the crutch field website but had trouble deciphering what all I need. Keep in mind I am electrically and mechanically inclined but don’t have the necessary knowledge about audio equipment to get everything I need.

I’ve said all of that to say this…..
2016 Ram 2500 crew cab
Want to upgrade all six speakers in my truck
I also want to add an amplifier
I want the necessary plug and play harnesses
For my truck.

Can one of you guys please tell me which bundle, amplifier and harnesses to buy. Thanks in advance!!!

Hello C Dub,

Our team would like to offer our support. You can seek the most reliable information regarding your speaker system upgrades from any of our dealer's. Kindly use the link to schedule a visit at your convenience. https://www.chrysler.com/find-dealer.html

Naudia
Ram Cares