Aux input not recognized on startup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R.D.J.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Hello all, I figured I would re post my problem pretty much a year later than when I got my truck.

Issue I'm having, is I have an iPod Nano 7th gen, I keep only in the truck, as an aux device for my music. The truck wont recognize it as plugged in when I start the truck in the morning. I have to disconnect the iPod and reconnect it for the truck to recognize it. I can never just hit the aux button on the 8.4 and go directly to it, after an overnight sit. This happens using either auxiliary USB port in the center console.

It will sometimes, maybe 2/10 times, recognize it if the truck sits for half hour, or hour, and it was the last thing that was being used before the truck was shut down and parked.

Has anyone else run into this? Not that its a big issue, but if there is a setting solutions somewhere be it the 8.4 Uconnect, or the iPod, I would be greatly appreciative to learn about it!

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have the same problem with the USB in my media center. It takes a while to recognize the thumb drive is in there for some reason. And it won't boot until I start the truck.

OP
OP
R

R.D.J.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Hmmm, how long does yours take to be recognized? If I were say to embark on a 3 hour road trip, the iPod would never be recognized until I were to unplug and replug the lightning connector from the iPod, or the USB connector from the truck. That is the only solution I've got thus far.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Well that sucks...generally mine recognizes the USB within about a minute of starting.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Issue I'm having, is I have an iPod Nano 7th gen, I keep only in the truck, as an aux device for my music. The truck wont recognize it as plugged in when I start the truck in the morning. I have to disconnect the iPod and reconnect it for the truck to recognize it. I can never just hit the aux button on the 8.4 and go directly to it, after an overnight sit. This happens using either auxiliary USB port in the center console.

It will sometimes, maybe 2/10 times, recognize it if the truck sits for half hour, or hour, and it was the last thing that was being used before the truck was shut down and parked.

I remember having to constantly do exactly that a couple of years ago with my iPod classic. Ever since I’ve switched to using my iPhone (256 GB version made the iPod obsolete) I haven’t had the issue.

I don’t know if the 2018s have them, but I found that music on an SD Card would always “just work”. I left it in there for months at a time. You lose playlists but gain peace of mind.