Radio Upgrade - No CD Player or Blue Screen for Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
My USB and AUX inputs were not in my 3.0 stock radio. So, no way to play music from our phones. I upgraded to the Uconnect 5.0 from a 2015 2500. Straight forward swap. Local dealership texted me the security code and XM radio was $15 for the swap.

My truck has the factory CD player in the lower console. It always played fine through the 3.0 but the 5.0 does not recognize it. Will the 5.0 connect to a factory CD player?

Also, my Ram has the rearview mirror backup camera screen. I have read were others see a blue screen when doing this swap. My 5.0 doesn't do this. I'm fine leaving the screen in the rearview mirror but I would like to get a Microphone for the radio. Any thoughts here?

Thanks in advance for any help!

OP
OP
TMyers

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Update: My truck has been at the dealership for the passed two days for three recalls. No big deal. While they had it, I asked them about installing the "Sales Code" for my factory CD player into the Uconnect 5.0 that I installed from a 2015.

When I picked the truck up this evening, no problems with the recalls but they said they attempted three times to install the sales code into my newer radio and it would not take it. The sales manager said my radio was never meant to have a cd player. Well, I thought no big deal. We listen to Spotify and XM Radio anyway.

After getting home, I was looking over the Work Order and they listed trying to install sales code "RAZ" and the radio would not accept it.

After searching and reading, it looks like the RAZ sales code was for a older radio. I think the radio needs sales code RH1 for the CD player.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!