AVS Aeroskin LightShield PRO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramsteen23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey All,
Just looking for feedback from anyone that has the AVS® Aeroskin® LightShield™ PRO Bug Shield.

I searched the forum and found a couple posts about it but there wasn't much info shared on how well it looks or works (or doesn't work) and no pics. The color match option looks really nice...looks like it's OEM.

Anyone install it on their 5th Gen Ram 1500? If so, any pros/cons and pics you can share?

Thanks in advance!

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I don't have the light shield but have the same thing without lights. Went on easy, so far has held up great. I am sure you want the lighted one, can't offer any advice beyond some other lighted accessories I have had from under rear tailgate bed blinkers to running boards just don't seem to last long. Little concerned about longevity of the wiring, but done correctly it may last.

Good luck. And post some pictures and thoughts about installation of you move forward.

OP
OP
Ramsteen23

Ramsteen23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't have the light shield but have the same thing without lights. Went on easy, so far has held up great. I am sure you want the lighted one, can't offer any advice beyond some other lighted accessories I have had from under rear tailgate bed blinkers to running boards just don't seem to last long. Little concerned about longevity of the wiring, but done correctly it may last.

Good luck. And post some pictures and thoughts about installation of you move forward.
Thanks I appreciate the response...turns out they don't offer an option that fits the sport performance hood. The rep from RealTruck that supports this forum look into it and confirmed with his techs. Also didn't have any insight into when one might be available. Surprising since there are numerous packages now that include the sport performance hood (Rebel, Sport, Night Edition) you would think they would develop one to take advantage of that segment of the market.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
That is not what you wanted to hear. I am sure. But it is a good company so maybe add a non-lighted one for protection now. Good luck, hope they make one. Should write the company, that might help them consider it.

vozzyy24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
Get better tape first....light bar bar comes off after a day. Yes it was clean...