Backup Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Weherley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Quick question for anyone that can help me.

2010 Ram 1500 Sport. Factory head unit with factory backup camera. Camera has worked fine until the other day. Now when i put the truck in reverse and the camera kicks on it looks foggy. Almost like condensation has gotten to the inside of it. You cant see anything but a haze..

Anyone else had this problem? If so, what was the fix?

Thanks

GSchwizzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't mean to 'hijack' this thread... but I just had a similar problem popup this morning.

Backing my 2016 Bighorn out of the garage and had a 'black' screen... but the directional grid lines were there. Got out of the truck to check the cam, and it was free of obstructions. Was almost like someone put a piece of electrical tape over it.

Got to work (it was lighter out by then) and had video on the camera... but it was extremely 'dark and dim'. Could barely see anything.

Glad we bought an extended warranty for crap like this... guessing the camera is 'cheap' and just failed. But, I'll check the harness when I get home and reseat first. Sucks to have to shell out the $100.00 deductible. Might jus wait til something else needs attention. Ugh...

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
These radios and cameras are CRAZY!!!! I have a self installed UAQ and used an M2Mods harness to rewire the factory camera from the mirror to the radio. No problems for 3 months, today after it was working fine it justs stops and the soft button on the radio wouldn't work either. Ran some errands, let it sleep a few times, put it in reverse and the bu lights came on still no camera. Not being a patient guy I pulled the battery terminals and held them together for 20 seconds and walked away for 10 minutes with them unhooked. Came back, connected the terminals and now the camera comes on in reverse and the soft button work perfectly.

Strange electronics in these new vehicles, what's it going to be like when everyone's warranty runs out and you have to pay full dealer price to get things diagnosed and repaired???????????