Bad luck with Tonneau covers purchased online

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramdude916

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I purchased an Extand Solid Fold for my 2013 Ram cc. Read alot of reviews where they complained about damage due to bad packaging and damage during shipment. They werent kidding, they literally put a thin and i mean thin sheet of popcorn material to protect the cover. The corners and sides are protected well with thicker foam material. The problem was that it was only on three sides. Thus one of the seals was damaged and the plastic straps was cracked. The good news is that it would of looked horrible mounted with the flared tail gate so it gave me an opportunity to order something else.

I then decided to order the Bakflip F1. Long story short. It was packed very well. They use spray foam which molds to the contour of the cover. The cover was protected well between the outer foam layers but the mounting rails are mounted on the outside of the foam! The only thing protecting it is the box! One rail tore through the box and the other was bent apparently before it was packed. :(

After a two week wait, I'm trying to return the Extang for a refund and waiting for an Amazon seller to contact Bak industries to make good on a 'warranty' replacement $&#%!!!! I called Bak Industries and asked if I can go through them directly.. They told me know go through Amazon.. And basically hung up the phone without so much as sorry, your welcome or a good bye.

I'm starting to feel that saving $100 isnt worth it. I should have bought ffrom my local dealer. *sigh*

Extang
6ebydada.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bakflip
pu8yqyqy.jpg
e7agytu5.jpg

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I got lucky then. Went with the vinyl Tonneau Pro tri-fold. Works great, looks good.

Wife saw my brother in law's BaK-Flip and started making noise until I explained I could by three of the one I got for the cost of one BAK Flip---your shipping story makes me glad I didn't get 'round to that honey-do.

evotuner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Damn sounds like you have luck like me lol. FYI I have the Bakflip G2 purchased in 2009 and other than slightly fading it is holding up surprisingly well.

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Damn that is bad luck sorry to hear hopefully the correct it.

OP
OP
R

ramdude916

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The rest of the Bakflip f1 looks perfect in the box. I just hope that any warranty issues can be handled directly from the manufacturer if anything needs to be replaced after shipment. I read somewhere that the warranty doesnt apply if not purchased through an authorized seller. If true thats a crappy deal. Its not like I'm buying from a yard sale... I'm paying a lot of money and its purchased as new from Amazon, though through a seller.

I'm just throwing this out there for those who will be making a future purchase. If u purchase through Amazon, expect a hassle if there's damage and double check whether the manufacturer will honor their warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good to point it out. Check out our vendors here they will be much easier to deal with!