Bad Software updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GaryC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
My Uconnect just updated and it wiped out the informational settings for the temperature adjustments. It used to readout the temperature you set it at for both driver and passenger. Now it just shows some stupid icons that are not in any way informative. The temperature control knobs are usless. I want to revert to previous software version. This "update" took away value from my vehicle and it should be changed.

Found it - the update reset my top status bar. I had to hold the icon up top and drag it off screen. Then had to find the temp icon and drag it back up top. Apparently, some of your setting do not roll over on updates.

Last edited:

brian42

Military
Reaction score
You can:

1. Wait to see what happens over time.

2. Wait until the next software update.

3. Have the dealership flash the most recent software revision they have.

Many have reported bad updates. Unfortunately there's no save point to revert to like on a computer.

Some have bricked the radio unit but a lot of times it's an unstable software update. Since your truck is a '22 it is still under the basic warranty so have the dealership deal with it. They will get it working again or install a new head unit at no cost to you.

Just my .02

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Mine did this. I let it sit overnight and all was well the next morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank