Ball Joints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
tap and die set? just thread the ***** farther down. Thats what I would do. If they won't fix it of course.

OP
OP
OlDirtyJohn

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Quad Cab 2500 *Sold*
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ODJ, ltiile off topic, but i looked at you DIY on another forum, and im gunna get the upper whole assembly, but ive never looked into the lowers, i can only find the ball joints, not a lower arm assembly. but its not clear how they come off........are they pressed in? or riveted? thanks bud

Should be a pressed in ball joint. You can rent the press from autozone

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yeah, sounds like they will from the first issue. But I am so impatient I just start chopping and cutting to make things fit, never can wait. lol

OP
OP
OlDirtyJohn

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my new parts should be here tomorrow. they gave me a call this morning. asked what i felt would fix the problem. and they fixed it. after hanging up the phone, i had a tracking # for the new part in 30 min.

they had no excuses, immediately confessed that they just honestly messed up, and wanted to make it right. top notch in my standards.

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Very good John, let us know how the new parts work out for ya.

OP
OP
OlDirtyJohn

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yup, got em on tuesday. was busy that day, and the shop i do my work at is closed wed/thur. so maybe ill get it done tomorrow.

OP
OP
OlDirtyJohn

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
woo hoo! finally got them in! fits perfect, like a glove. the ride is awesome. super easy install.

IMAG0358.jpg

also, this kind of makes me feel like an idiot. but i discovered today that for the entire time i have owned this truck, the sway bar was installed upside down. this caused it to rub on the tie rods when turning full lock, or turning while going over bumps. flipped that around, and now all is well.

IMAG0359.jpg

IMAG0360.jpg

ramin44s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
looks good and looks like it fits good, good job!

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So do those look like they could fit over the top of the coil housing to allow for additional lift? Or are they "just" a stronger beefier stock replacement?

OP
OP
OlDirtyJohn

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So do those look like they could fit over the top of the coil housing to allow for additional lift? Or are they "just" a stronger beefier stock replacement?

they dont allow for more lift from the shape, but they help compensate for the angle of the ball joint after you lift with coil spacers, taller springs or torsion bar lift. and they are also WAY more heavy duty