Battery replacement recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Takotzen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2017 1500 5.7 67,000 miles, will be replacing battery for the first time. Any recommendations on reputable, quality battery? Thanks in advance for any input.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
U can go replacement size H7, I personally have a Duralast Premium H7 AGM. Just my preference here, as I also run them for my MC and sears lawn tractor. But the Duralast be more pricey than Walmart, at $238.00, again just my preference as Wally World here is real poor. IF U go H8 size, U have to make a small adjustment in your battery "box". @DILLIGAF can advise U on that.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Unless running a lot of high draw electronics another option is the $120 battery at Costco.
All of them are one giant "high-draw" electronic package. I used to be able to take TAD orders in the Navy and leave my truck parked at the airport for many weeks at a time and still have it start when I returned. I don't think that would work these days.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I live north jersey where we have cold in the winter and hot in the summer. I just replaced my oe battery with a Diehard agm battery from advanced auto. The platinum and it came with 4 year replacement warranty.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Here's another thread started yesterday on the same topic. Does anyone do a search anymore?

Thread 'Time to replace my 2018 PW battery? Suggestions' https://www.ramforum.com/threads/time-to-replace-my-2018-pw-battery-suggestions.205242/
Agree. In fact, you don't even have to search, that thread shows up as soon as you Title the new one. Just click on it and read. A new battery costs about the price of a tank of gas. I have no idea why folks have so much angst about replacing them or getting "Just the Right One"

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
The OP stated his truck was a 2017 and this is the first time changing the battery. Meaning he got at least 7 years use out of the OEM battery. I believe I would replace the battery with exactly the same battery it had in it. Climate, accessories and driving habits all contribute to battery longevity. His truck seems to be working great with the combination he has now. Why change?

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Agree. In fact, you don't even have to search, that thread shows up as soon as you Title the new one. Just click on it and read. A new battery costs about the price of a tank of gas. I have no idea why folks have so much angst about replacing them or getting "Just the Right One"
Simple really, this is OP first post. I also would want to check what folks are putting in similar 1500 , not an HD truck.