Battery replacement recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just replaced the OE battery in my 2015 last month (51000mi or 83000km). that made my battery still going in it's 9th year of service!!!! never had a battery last that long.

I was going to cheap out and get a non-AGM but decided against being cheap (for once LOL). after reading some battery threads on here I decided to go from the H7 to an H8. In Canada we have a retail chain called Canadian Tire. Their Eliminator AGM has a 5 year over the counter replacement warranty. Their batteries are made by East Penn. Not sure who that equates to in the states but with the warranty, kind of a no brainer.

As for the fit, no problem in the tray after removing the little block or spacer thingy. the negative lead was a bit tight to get on the post but that was due to the way the loom and another bunch of wires in loom farther down from the neg terminal was taped together. hardest part was lifting the beast of a battery up a 3 step ladder and over the fender into it's new home. the hood strut kind of in the way.

BLUEDERANGO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
It seems the INTERSTATE AGM battery's work quite well and COSCO has them at a reasonable price ,,

brian42

Military
Reaction score
I just replaced the OE battery in my 2015 last month (51000mi or 83000km). that made my battery still going in it's 9th year of service!!!! never had a battery last that long.

I was going to cheap out and get a non-AGM but decided against being cheap (for once LOL). after reading some battery threads on here I decided to go from the H7 to an H8. In Canada we have a retail chain called Canadian Tire. Their Eliminator AGM has a 5 year over the counter replacement warranty. Their batteries are made by East Penn. Not sure who that equates to in the states but with the warranty, kind of a no brainer.

As for the fit, no problem in the tray after removing the little block or spacer thingy. the negative lead was a bit tight to get on the post but that was due to the way the loom and another bunch of wires in loom farther down from the neg terminal was taped together. hardest part was lifting the beast of a battery up a 3 step ladder and over the fender into it's new home. the hood strut kind of in the way.
5 years is the best I've seen, especially in the current landscape. My X2 Power is 4 years and that's about the best I've seen in the States, unless you get a boutique battery.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Recently I've had very good results with batteries. Both batteries in my 2015 are factory, my wife's Equinox battery made it 8 years. My tractor battery made it 11 years, and my 2013 RAM's battery made it 7 years. I'm surprised living in the climate I'm in (Michigan) but I'm not complaining.

As for the brands, I've got Interstate, AC Delco, and Everlast (Walmart). The longest-living battery I had was an Everlast in my utility vehicle, it lived for 13 years and I replaced it with another Everlast.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Recently I've had very good results with batteries. Both batteries in my 2015 are factory, my wife's Equinox battery made it 8 years. My tractor battery made it 11 years, and my 2013 RAM's battery made it 7 years. I'm surprised living in the climate I'm in (Michigan) but I'm not complaining.

As for the brands, I've got Interstate, AC Delco, and Everlast (Walmart). The longest-living battery I had was an Everlast in my utility vehicle, it lived for 13 years and I replaced it with another Everlast.
Michigan and north batteries last much longer. Realy hot weahter kills batteries REALLY fast. I have had lots of vehicle batteries last 10 to 12 years here in Alberta. The cold puts a big draw on starting but as long as the batteries are kept fully charged they last a really long time. My lawn tractor and quad batteries last nearly 15 years a pop.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

5 years is the best I've seen, especially in the current landscape. My X2 Power is 4 years and that's about the best I've seen in the States, unless you get a boutique battery.
My 2000 Silverado came with a 9-year battery. It lasted exactly 9 years to the month before it died. I tried to buy another Delco with the same warranty and the guy said he had never even seen one longer than 5 years, so I bought a 5-year WM battery instead because it was cheaper. That one lasted 8 years, so I bought yet another WM battery. It was still humming along when I sold the truck 7 years later.

Shawn Burns

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Walmart h7 agm $180 has 4 year warranty. These are the same ass interstate
I just purchased one of these as well. I am very satisfied with the purchase. Mine was on it's way out and it only had half of the cranking amps remaining after a charge. I also paid $180 after return of the core. The starter spins much quicker now, even in sub-freezing temps.

CamperMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unless running a lot of high draw electronics another option is the $120 battery at Costco.
This is what I did a few months ago. Oem lasted a bit over 5 years for me. Hope this one is close to that.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Walmart or Interstate work fine. Great actually in my experience.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

Same here, changed out a perfectly good 7 year old OE battery in my 16.
Since the first symptom of trouble with a battery these days is a dead battery, I decided not to chance going through the winter with it.

Hagar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I found that the 94R MAXX from walmart is as good as any. I prefer flooded cell batteries.