Bed lights!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98hemi-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought these LED strips last year with the plans on putting them under the box rails. It was getting annoying having to use a flashlight anytime I wanted to find something in the bed at night.

davevebe.jpg

tyqesyju.jpg

So today I finally had the time to actually get them installed and wired up.

e4u7e8ad.jpg

ny3y8u7u.jpg

ta7enury.jpg

I think they turned out pretty good. Thought they would be a little brighter but its still more than enough light to see in there at night so I'm happy.

The thing I like the best is that you can't even tell they are there until I flip them on.

ncaabbref

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram Longhorn All Options
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/ 8 sp Auto
Impressive! How difficult was the install?

OP
OP
98hemi-ram

98hemi-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Impressive! How difficult was the install?

They weren't to bad at all. Hardest part was soldering the wires onto the LED strips. I finally broke down and went and bought a good soldering gun lol. Hiding the wires behind the box liner took a bit of time but looks much better than being able to see all the wires.

Other than that the LED strips came with an adhesive back so the just stick right on. Then just need to wire up a power and ground source and there you have it lights!! :D

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Looks good

Sent from my tapatalk equipped AT&T iPhone 5

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
They look really nice! I have SO been wanting to do this to my rig. The only thing different I had planed was that I wanted to light up the back wall of the bed as well. What wires did you have to solder? Did you get small strips of light or is that one section? You soldered the small strips together, is that it?

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
They look really nice! I have SO been wanting to do this to my rig. The only thing different I had planed was that I wanted to light up the back wall of the bed as well. What wires did you have to solder? Did you get small strips of light or is that one section? You soldered the small strips together, is that it?

I have similar ones too
I got 2ft strips off of eBay for $1.85 shipped lol
I also put a 4 ft one in the tool box

I used a different style strip in my dads, they aren't as low profile and have held up great but I like the surface mount strips a lot better

OP
OP
98hemi-ram

98hemi-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi

It was a roll I ordered off of eBay. I think it was something like 16ft of them. But you can cut them every 3rd LED and make them whatever length you need. Just have to solder wires onto the ends where you cut them to make connections and run them wherever you need.

I thought about adding another strip across the front of the box but I like how these ones are hidden and I didn't see a way to hide a strip across the front.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reyzapien88