In bed storage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtodd1979

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone done or thought about installing small storage boxes similar to what some toyota Tacomas have built into the sides of the bed. I know those beds are some type of molded composite and ours are steel. I was thinking something like that would be great for keeping small items such as hitch pins or spare trailer hitch balls. My particular interest in something like this is for those who have on board air, placing a hose bib inside the storage box which would allow it to be out of the way and greatly reduce the chances of it getting broken off or damaged as well as a storage spot for an air hose. I've found some enclosed drop in boxes on Amazon for the Tacoma's that didn't come from the factory with it installed, obviously requires cutting the bed but is there anything out there for our trucks?

OP
OP
rtodd1979

rtodd1979

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
You inner fenders stick out in the bed, but they leave approximately 50 inches of floor space between them.

The Swing boxes, when locked in the stow away position, only stick out as far as the inner fenders.

Chances are, that you don't use that small area anyway