Bed Rug or Spray In

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Bedrug hands down. Easy to clean, can lay on it, haul stuff withour scratching bed, etc.

tncruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
spray in liner totally indestructible .sound proofing lifetime warranty
looks great with a hose down
brianj

A05GSHO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Depends what you haul. I haul primarily my dog, snowmobile and ATV gear, so I chose a bedrug to protect my gear better.

tbridg00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's a preference based on your gear I love my spray in liner, but I could see that their are some practical uses for the bedrug

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I've got the spray-in and the bed mat (going on 3 years). Best of both worlds.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dual Liner. Works and looks great, 20 minute install....really.
Truck Bedliners for Ford, GMC, Chevy & Dodge | DualLiner

Interesting. I've never heard of this thing. Just checked out the site... but my one question, which they have thought of, but I'm still hesitant with, is water getting trapped underneath the bottom mat. I've got a few scrapes and scratches to the paint in my bed, and I don't want moisture under there causing a rust problem. This would be great for a brand new truck, I think. Nice looking product.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used a BedRug for 5 years on last truck and over a year on new truck. I love it. I have carried heavy loads, sharp objects and dirty loads ( mulch and such) and comes out looking like new after a washing with power wand at the car wash.

Check with BakFactory Outlet (on site vender) for competitive pricing.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another vote for bedrug, well, bed tred from me... It seems to be more of a tougher bed rug because the surface is more of a solid surface than the fabric of the bed rug classic. Only had mine for a few months, but it has handled landscape stones without any issues. The texture is "grabby" so stuff won't slid around, but not as grabby as a spray in liner I had on another truck. That spray in liner surface was so rough if I dragged a cardboard box across it the box would have tears in it.

jknappen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just got a line-x premium sprayed in last week..... extremely impressed. Really, it is all in what you want. I dont see a purpose in bed rugs other than they will hold water if left open and mildew after time etc. line-x is lifetime guarantee and looks great and is practically indestructable. personal preferance really

Jabalone

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC 1500 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dont see a purpose in bed rugs other than they will hold water if left open and mildew after time etc.

They don't hold water. It's designed to let it through the seams. And I've never heard anyone experience mildew with a bedrug either (and if it did, it would spray right out).

That said, the bedrug works best under a tonneau which the OP has so it's a no brainer for light to medium duty use. Way softer than spray-in. Easier to install. Removable. Looks great ....

jknappen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They don't hold water. It's designed to let it through the seams. And I've never heard anyone experience mildew with a bedrug either (and if it did, it would spray right out).

That said, the bedrug works best under a tonneau which the OP has so it's a no brainer for light to medium duty use. Way softer than spray-in. Easier to install. Removable. Looks great ....

Again it is personal preference in what he wants. He asked for opinions and I gave him mine. I personally don't like bed rugs, I would rather have something that will last under the elements and wont hold water or stay wet until the sun dries it. Fact is spray in liners you can towel dry or use a leaf blower to dry them quickly. Fabric such as bed rugs, will stay wet / damp until it dries naturally, been there done that got the t-shirt to go with it. The fact of a cap or tonneau cover is a moot point. I would still have a spray in liner even if I had a tonneau, and I rarely haul heavy or major stuff. if it was truly a no brainer he wouldn't be asking a question on here now would he? As far as ease of install, I drove my truck to the Line-X dealer and then picked it up when they called ad said it was ready. pretty simple. It looks awesome and has a lifetime warranty which bed rug does not.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

hjsmith00843

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only things I haul in the back of my truck is a metal detector, fishing rods, and sometimes a few ar15's.

I am still debating on what I want to go with. I just hate that to install a spray in they have to so alot of grinding on the bed.

jknappen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only things I haul in the back of my truck is a metal detector, fishing rods, and sometimes a few ar15's.

I am still debating on what I want to go with. I just hate that to install a spray in they have to so alot of grinding on the bed.

They sand it and spray it it's a lifetime deal. It actually adds value to your truck should you ever trade it in. At least it did with my dads silverado. THe bed rug sits in there and will move slightly here and there. Which will after time wear the clear coat, scratch it etc. Sanding of the bed is what makes it stick. you will never see it

gassersarentdead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I doubt line x is gonna add anymore value to a truck than a bed rug.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I doubt line x is gonna add anymore value to a truck than a bed rug.

Except in ten years when the bed rug causes your bed to rust out.

I say both, get LineX and then get the bed rug that just covers the bottom part for comfort.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm with burla and the rest...get the line x, then get a floor matt. For me, I have a rubber matt that I can take out at any time. Having a rug, I would bet it will smell over time if it gets wet.

Truck name: Rampage
2012 Dodge ram 1500 Quad Cab Big Horn 4x4
*Bilstein 2.8" front
*Bilstein shocks on rear with 1" spacer
*Pioneer AVH 4300DVD head unit
*Polk Audio Dxi350 dash speakers
*Kicker 40CSS654 6 1/2" door speakers (x4)
*fox box 2-12" speakers holder for rear seats
*2-12" alpine subs (swe -1243l
*500 watt alpine mono sub
*LED 3rd tail light smoked
*Spyder LED smokes tail lights
havent even started on the engine..lol

gassersarentdead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Except in ten years when the bed rug causes your bed to rust out.

I say both, get LineX and then get the bed rug that just covers the bottom part for comfort.

Ten years? I'll prolly have 3 different trucks within 10 years. Plus, how much value you think you're gonna get in 10 years? I don't have a bed rug, just saying.