water in rear cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ClarkR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Quick and inexpensive way to stop failing cab vents from leaking water and stop leaves, small branches from going between your rear cab and front box.

Clean all the debris from the flashing at the bottom of your rear cab and front box. It also has the added bonus of limiting or completely stopping water from entering the rear seat under the storage area because of faulty cab vent.

Get 1 piece of foam pipe insulation, non split. Cut it to 66 inches long, 3/4 ID. Use krylon spray paint if you're worried of it standing out too much. Make sure to let it completely dry before installing.

When ready, stand in the box head towards the rear of the cab. Start firmly but not aggressively pushing the sleeve into the void till most is inserted. Make sure to not push too hard or far or it will fall into the recess of the box lip. Remember to center it before stuffing it as it becomes progressively difficult when moving down.

It worked like a charm for my 2015 RAM Big Horn, enjoy

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
Also check your sliding window seals and 3rd break light seals.

Ill be changing out my third brake light seal this weekend when I install LEDs up there. Ive done it to the last 2 trucks I had and never had an issue. The factory seal is junk. Its basically foam that deteriorates over time.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Quick and inexpensive way to stop failing cab vents from leaking water and stop leaves, small branches from going between your rear cab and front box.

Clean all the debris from the flashing at the bottom of your rear cab and front box. It also has the added bonus of limiting or completely stopping water from entering the rear seat under the storage area because of faulty cab vent.

Get 1 piece of foam pipe insulation, non split. Cut it to 66 inches long, 3/4 ID. Use krylon spray paint if you're worried of it standing out too much. Make sure to let it completely dry before installing.

When ready, stand in the box head towards the rear of the cab. Start firmly but not aggressively pushing the sleeve into the void till most is inserted. Make sure to not push too hard or far or it will fall into the recess of the box lip. Remember to center it before stuffing it as it becomes progressively difficult when moving down.

It worked like a charm for my 2015 RAM Big Horn, enjoy
This actually make sense but I’d have to see what you did.

OP
OP
ClarkR

ClarkR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This actually make sense but I’d have to see what you did.
Nothing to see really, rubberized electrical taped 2 together, cut to length and cleaned the area, stuffing in down as to not go past the top lip of the box defeating the tight fit. Stays in place, during all driving, washes, etc.

Attachments

• 2024-3-10 water and leaves stopped cab bed.jpg
    2024-3-10 water and leaves stopped cab bed.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 13

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
No, i took the bed off to paint the whole truck

Look on YouTube, there are several ways to change out the vents.
First step is to remove the rear seat

type this into your laptop search engine

2016 Ram 1500 replace leaking cab vents

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nothing to see really, rubberized electrical taped 2 together, cut to length and cleaned the area, stuffing in down as to not go past the top lip of the box defeating the tight fit. Stays in place, during all driving, washes, etc.
I get it now I thought you had taken that and then cut it to block the can vents so water couldn’t get in.