best buy in the soft tri-fold tonneau

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gilleydog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 ram larami
Engine
there is so many brands of soft tri-fold tonneau covers out there ,witch one is the best buy with decent hardware thanks

okievision

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I sometimes think they all come off the same assembly line.
Mostly built all the same, just tagged with different names.
Pick your best $$ deal.
I will say, I had the American Tonneau cover and then installed a swing out box in the bed. The long handles on the tonneau latch wouldn't clear the swing out box lid...oops, but it was a nice enough cover for the money.
I ended up waiting for a sale on a Gator retractable.

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
I have the Mopar one that came as an option on my truck. I see some wear on the exterior which will make me search out some kind of sealer or protectant coating to apply to it in the spring. I also don't like that it does not have an extra set of attachments in the front for a secondary safety. It only has the 4 over center latches. Not sure I would buy again. I had a Truxedo on my 2003 V10 and was satisfied with the quality over time.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had a Lund tri-fold for my old Frontier, have an Extang eMax for my current RAM.

Not sure if its the way the eMax is setup, but the Lund felt a lot more sturdy. However, the eMax seems more useful to me since I dont have to completely remove it to use almost all of the bed. The Lund wasnt too bad, but I imagine one like that for a truck the size of a 1500 would be pretty heavy and cumbersome to put on/take off.

I say it time and time again that for the money I love the Tyger: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L32LY1I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It goes on sales. I paid $208 for it with free shipping. It has a couple small leaks in the rear corners in car washes but if I cared enough I could use the sealant tape it comes with.

Another option to save a little coin is to look for "Used - Like New" from Amazon Warehouse. The stuff comes in basically brand new shape and there are decent discounts to be found. One caveat is its unclear how a warranty would (or wouldnt) work, but tonneau covers are pretty basic so there isnt much that should go wrong.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I really like the extang trifold 2.0. this is the 2nd truck i have had it on. looks good and easy to use. let me know if we can help you with you bed cover purchase. we offer discounts to all the members here

Machria

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Limited
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerred17