Best Fiance EVER!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
How are the flares different from other kits in the market? Do you think he doesn’t have enough lift to articulate the suspension?
FabFours flares have lower clearance than stock, and they’re stronger (for obvious reasons). 40’s don’t clear stock fenders at flex, so they’re definitely not going to clear those. Lift doesn’t help with tire clearance off-road, all you’re doing is changing the tires “zero” point. It’s range of travel is still exactly the same, unless you change the bump stops. The issues are going to be in the rear before the front.

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Damn!!! I wish my wife would pay this much attention to what I want done knowing it's my dream truck! You better put a ring on that finger after this bro!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
I agree. That finger needs a ring fast before one of the other members of this forum tracks her down.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Congrats!

Let us know if she missed any mods you wanted. We can set you up with anything you may need like exhaust, bed cover, intake, throttle response controllers, etc...

You should probably talk to his fiance since we now know who makes all the truck decisions in that family. ;-)

Ken W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats on the truck! Hope you got her a very nice ring!

mtwofeathers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 5.9
New member here.

TL;DR My fiance surprised me with not only a custom ordered wagon, but also already built.

Sorry guys this may be a little long. This is my dream truck and I am so excited.

I have always wanted a wagon, just cause bang for the buck, I think it is the best truck you can buy. I haven't been a huge fan of the graphics plastered all over it. I get it, you buy a special edition truck, you want it to stand out from the regular edition next to it. I'm sorry to upset the purists. I preferred mine to make more of a statement by itself rather than the badging.

So rewind about 6 months ago. My lady friend is talking crap about my old truck, a basic 08 1500 ram. I'm keeping it. She still runs and drives great for 206k miles. She keeps telling me I need a new one and starts asking me what I would choose if I were going to go get a brand new one. Of course I chose the power wagon. So she then starts asking what I would do to it. I start showing her parts and pieces I have been dreaming of to make my vision of an ultimate truck. She willfully participates, and convinces me that I need to go to 40's instead of 35's that would still tuck a spare. I'm back and forth all over the place.

So, apparently, this girl was taking notes this whole time. She goes and custom orders a new one, with all the options we talked about. De-badged and all. She then meets the guy from the dealer half way to pick it up. She bought all the parts on the side and had her dad's trailer loaded up with them. So she sends a brand new truck to the shop to get cut all up. It had 400 miles on it when she gave it to me. I was big on keeping the factory suspension intact. Doesn't make sense to rip all that out so you can stuff bigger tires. Makes more sense to me to cut out some body to stuff bigger tires and keep the truck more useful.

I get it if you want to call it a mall crawler. I haven't even cracked 1000 miles yet. I would like to make sure the motor is properly broken in first before I get her covered in mud, blood, and guts. I would hate to go romping around and find myself into a situation where I have to liberally apply the fun pedal with prejudice on a fresh motor trying to get unstuck. One day soon, I'll post pics of her axle deep.

I know, I know..... pics or it didn't happen.

Here she is!!

View attachment 247726 View attachment 247727 View attachment 247728
View attachment 247729

Told mine I want a M60a1 tank. Now if she would get me one.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You should probably talk to his fiance since we now know who makes all the truck decisions in that family. ;-)

:happy175:

Well she should contact us for his bday present or something like that lol

Hemimania

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
New member here.

TL;DR My fiance surprised me with not only a custom ordered wagon, but also already built.

Sorry guys this may be a little long. This is my dream truck and I am so excited.

I have always wanted a wagon, just cause bang for the buck, I think it is the best truck you can buy. I haven't been a huge fan of the graphics plastered all over it. I get it, you buy a special edition truck, you want it to stand out from the regular edition next to it. I'm sorry to upset the purists. I preferred mine to make more of a statement by itself rather than the badging.

So rewind about 6 months ago. My lady friend is talking crap about my old truck, a basic 08 1500 ram. I'm keeping it. She still runs and drives great for 206k miles. She keeps telling me I need a new one and starts asking me what I would choose if I were going to go get a brand new one. Of course I chose the power wagon. So she then starts asking what I would do to it. I start showing her parts and pieces I have been dreaming of to make my vision of an ultimate truck. She willfully participates, and convinces me that I need to go to 40's instead of 35's that would still tuck a spare. I'm back and forth all over the place.

So, apparently, this girl was taking notes this whole time. She goes and custom orders a new one, with all the options we talked about. De-badged and all. She then meets the guy from the dealer half way to pick it up. She bought all the parts on the side and had her dad's trailer loaded up with them. So she sends a brand new truck to the shop to get cut all up. It had 400 miles on it when she gave it to me. I was big on keeping the factory suspension intact. Doesn't make sense to rip all that out so you can stuff bigger tires. Makes more sense to me to cut out some body to stuff bigger tires and keep the truck more useful.

I get it if you want to call it a mall crawler. I haven't even cracked 1000 miles yet. I would like to make sure the motor is properly broken in first before I get her covered in mud, blood, and guts. I would hate to go romping around and find myself into a situation where I have to liberally apply the fun pedal with prejudice on a fresh motor trying to get unstuck. One day soon, I'll post pics of her axle deep.

I know, I know..... pics or it didn't happen.

Here she is!!

View attachment 247726 View attachment 247727 View attachment 247728
View attachment 247729
That grill is the *******.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Very nice fiance. Front end looks like a rig outta MadMax movies. I could see Immorton Joe or Lord Humongous terrorizing the roadways with it.
That's exactly what I was thinking. The madmax part.

KenOfAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
WOW.. That's nice. When I got married, I had to sell one of my cars so we would have enough garage and driveway space to fit fit her car.

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
If my wife went and installed that grille on my truck I'd divorce her. Twice. But that's just me lol

That being said, congrats on the truck man and best of luck with the marriage! Sounds like a keeper for sure!

Rick Gabler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V-6
Just out of curiosity. More devoted to your wife? Or Truck now that you have it? lol.

dingo5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is like those Lexus "buy your spouse a car for the holidays" commercials. Unless the purchaser has a personal trust fund or something, he/she is just picking out the car and both spouses will end up paying for it. Maybe OP and his fiancé don't plan to have join banking and investment accounts, but I'd be upset if my wife ever "bought" me a vehicle as a gift.

BTW in many states, an engagement gift is not a true gift under the law and can be recovered if the wedding does not occur for whatever reason.

OP
OP
Mallcrwlr3000

Mallcrwlr3000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Haha. You guys crack me up. She is an only child. Sorry boys. The grill to me looks awesome, and that's all that matters. You are always entitled to your own opinion. You're welcome to hate on it all you want, but when I hop in it, good luck wiping that grin off my face.

Yes she does have the ring of her dreams on her finger.