Best, longest, cheapest extended warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I found one on Chryslerwarrantydirect for 8 years 125000 miles for $2925. Is there any place that might offer one that's longer or the same coverage for less? This is for a new 2021 Durango.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wouldn't pay one penny for a warranty, might as well go to Las Vegas.

Buy $2925 worth of low risk stock and you can liquidate it later if your vehicle fails, if it doesn't then cool you still have the money.

OP
OP
averageguy

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Well, between the leaking oil cooler on my wifes Journey that I fixed myself and the viscous coupler that has failed and costs $1900.00 for a new one not counting labor, I would have already broken even on this car and not have had to do the work.

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wouldn't say it's the cheapest but I paid roughly $4k for a lifetime unlimited miles warranty through cna. It covers everything except belts, spark plugs, tires, basic wear items. Was kind of regretting getting it since I like working on my own vehicles and still do but this past summer the tranny went out in my wife's outlander sport and was $6k to replace. Luckily we bought it new and it came with a lifetime power train warranty so all we had to pay was the $300 deductible. Now I'm glad I have one on the truck.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The problem is the fine print on some of these warranties. You really have to go through it and I would only buy a contract that the shops you use, will use.

On another site I frequent, a member's daughter had a major warranty claim for her later model Ford Escape denied because she didn't follow the warranty's tire rotation schedule. The lack of documented tire rotations had zero to do with the failure, but it was agreed upon once the contract was signed.

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine
Well, funny I found this today.

I have the Z2 that most my Dodge dealers use, about 3k.
51k on my 2017 and it was leaking oil. leak came from the backside of the oil filter housing that sits on top of the engine??? A heat crack in sub freezing winter? HUH???
$1100... turns out this was covered with Dodge original, but would NOT have been covered with the extended... I got lucky and I'm not looking forward to getting stupidass news like that in the furture.

dieseldave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I found one on Chryslerwarrantydirect for 8 years 125000 miles for $2925. Is there any place that might offer one that's longer or the same coverage for less? This is for a new 2021 Durango.
I got the same one when I brought my 2021 Ram, and I negotiated the price down to $1890

OP
OP
averageguy

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Well, funny I found this today.

I have the Z2 that most my Dodge dealers use, about 3k.
51k on my 2017 and it was leaking oil. leak came from the backside of the oil filter housing that sits on top of the engine??? A heat crack in sub freezing winter? HUH???
$1100... turns out this was covered with Dodge original, but would NOT have been covered with the extended... I got lucky and I'm not looking forward to getting stupidass news like that in the furture.
If you are talking about a Journey I read over tightening the cap on the filter will cause it to crack. The o-rings on the oil cooler itself are prone to leaking also which is all I had to change to stop the leak on ours.

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine
If you are talking about a Journey I read over tightening the cap on the filter will cause it to crack. The o-rings on the oil cooler itself are prone to leaking also which is all I had to change to stop the leak on ours.

No sorry, on my Ram 1500
Somehow, (and I'll find out later when I pick up the truck) there is some whole housing that in the front holds the filter, but it was the back of this housing that was leaking cuz it sprayed all over my transmission and made me think it was a bad tranny seal... oil was too black tho so I knew something with oil went wrong.