Best Mods for Under $100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
E4CBACE8-02B3-4380-A94B-A47BFB856EF4.jpeg I picked this up recently. decent price. The whole kit fits in carry bag in the dead space behind rear passenger seat. Very well made and great quality. May come in handy on road, but it is exactly what i need to facilitate some tree removal around my yard. With a 90degree pulley block and 200’ ft of good rope of course...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guess you could do the same method of mounting for a gun rack? Maybe to much weight but damn thats cool. Great job!
Edit: Just picked up on that its velcro mounted, maybe no support to bolt to for gun weight.

I have thought that out as well, the center head rest is center between the 60/40 split.

You could run 550 cord around the posts to connect to eye bolts on the gun rack. Then you can also connect it differently on the gap between the floor and seat.

Then Velcro strips can be added to the back to stop side to side swing.

8d13f0faf0ea069f46fecc2980b71029.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is a 60/40 split. See above pic

Yes, I see thst....the question should have been worded, How WELL does it work, and do they lose grip on the poles with the 60/40 split? Or are you simply careful to lift both sides fairly evenly?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, I see thst....the question should have been worded, How WELL does it work, and do they lose grip on the poles with the 60/40 split? Or are you simply careful to lift both sides fairly evenly?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Works great! It sticks well,, I pull one side at a time.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
How long was it in the vehicle before you changed it? I am trying to determine a change interval.
I agree about every 5000 miles BUT your area may have less dust ! I would at least check it at 5k to see what works for you!A fairly cheap change out or if the K&N a few extra minutes to clean it.

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I agree about every 5000 miles BUT your area may have less duct ! I would at least check it at 5k to see what works for you!A fairly cheap change out or if the K&N a few extra minutes to clean it.
I clean it with oil changes...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

FriedDumpling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I clean it with oil changes...

That way you never forget :) I do about the same as well. I do oil every 5k and pull CAF each time. even though it is not too bad I still change it.. Cheaper the plugging a AC/Heating coil

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wanted bed lighting, but also a waterproof emergency bright flood light which you can safely stick say to a fender or hood and aim to work (say busted tire at night) and was lithium for greater capacity and no leaky alkalines, and found this Rota-Light which is pretty cool.

Not the cheapest, but the magnet is incredibly strong. The only upgrade it requires is that the bottom surface is hard plastic which is low friction and could damage paint, so I cut to size a couple of those thin self-adhesive anti-skid furniture pads to the bottom, and now you can try to slide it as much as you like there is no chance you can move it unless you pull it off the metal first.

Can be aimed, and brightness is 4-settings from very soft to "my retinas are on fire" bright. I leave it near the hitch on the top passenger side positioned vertical rotated to aim to the back of the bed and it DEFINITELY lights everything up with one push of a button on top.

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Scheduled an appointment to get the 3 recalls taken care of. [emoji17][emoji17] I hate taking her into a dealership!

I need to today. Just got my P26ab code thrown yesterday.